How to get more out of the log data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get more out of the log data?

I'm interested to find out how to use and present some of the collected data. Per example I have a floor-heating in my bathroom, which is controlled with a z-wave thermostat. It seems to work OK. But I am still curious how much power it uses and how often is it heating during a period. I have been looking at some plugins before which create chart or so. But to me they did not really looked ok.
    So having data presented in good looking modern design graphs would be nice. What I Like to see is the total watt used during a period And some other interesting parts of the info collected (temp during the day..). Daily, weekly, monthly.

So how are you doing this (would be interested to see some of your creations)? How to get this done, within Hs4 Pro or external program, webpage, other HA (Domoticz, HomeAssistant). etc. Or other application.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2022-10-20 om 09.28.45.png
Views:	177
Size:	459.9 KB
ID:	1571535

As in modern design charts, I assume something like Grafana is suitable?

Do a search for mcsMQTT / InfluxDB / Grafana or Node-Red / InfluxDB / Grafana for options.
    Jon

Comment

Node-Red -> InfluxDB -> Grafana is really easy to setup. I'm in the process of taking my home energy readings and putting them in InfluxDB. Here's an example Node-Red flow:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	146
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	1571585

I'm in the early stages of this and my hope is to move all devices that report energy to InfluxDB instead of the built-in energy reporting in HS.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Some common options:

Jon00 DB charting:
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...r-3-homeseer-4

Shill Device history
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...y-shill?f=1274

McsMQTT (or NodeRed)+InfluxDB+Grafana
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...el-mcsharry-aa

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          .... instead of the built-in energy reporting in HS.
          worst part is I really really like the built in energy reporting. Just wish HST would leverage it and make it better.

HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post

worst part is I really really like the built in energy reporting. Just wish HST would leverage it and make it better.
            Hey Jeff! Yeah, you can get much prettier graphs with Grafana. They even have a little web service so you can grab the graph and display it on HSTouch.
            Some of these Grafana dashboards are incredible: grafana electricity usage - Google Search
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Already use mcsMQTT so that might be interesting to use with Grafana or one of the other options mentioned. Also have Ha running which has some nice features including Grafana/ Influx. So it seems not to difficult getting it to work only find some time..

Comment

Working...
              X