Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
    rjh and Sgt. Shultz
    I just added voice control to a simple virtual device and it was *not* discovered, so there is something going on with Alexa discovery...
    If you PM me I'll take a look at it later today.
    Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

I am noticing my Google Home announcements over Chromecast have become very slow. There is a HUGE delay between the event firing and the voice coming through the speakers. Not sure it is related to this at all...
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
      Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
      weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
        I am noticing my Google Home announcements over Chromecast have become very slow. There is a HUGE delay between the event firing and the voice coming through the speakers. Not sure it is related to this at all...
        Chromecasting is a local process that wouldn't be affected by incoming processes like the Alexa or Google voice devices.
        More likely is that something on the HomeSeer hub you're using is taking up resources.
        Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post

Chromecasting is a local process that wouldn't be affected by incoming processes like the Alexa or Google voice devices.
          More likely is that something on the HomeSeer hub you're using is taking up resources.
          How does one use Chromecast to make HS announcements locally? I wasn't aware this is possible. I use the Chromecast plugin which uses the cloud but fully local would definitely be preferred?
          -Wade

Comment

Casting uses your WiFi network, rather than reaching out to the cloud.
            Wade

Comment

I gotta back up a little. The Text to Speech that results in a Google voice does go out to the cloud to do the conversion, but the actual cast is local.
              If you use a local wave file then it is all local.
              As a note, there is a checkbox that allows the TTS to be done locally, but I suspect it would no longer result in a Google type of voice..., more likely to be a Windows voice of some kind

This is all assuming you're using the Chromecast plugin.
              Wade

Comment

Thanks. I'll experiment with the local TTS option. Had overlooked it.
                -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
                  As a note, there is a checkbox that allows the TTS to be done locally, but I suspect it would no longer result in a Google type of voice..., more likely to be a Windows voice of some kind

This is all assuming you're using the Chromecast plugin.
                  I am running v4.0.18.0. Where would I find the checkbox? I have looked at the devices, event settings, manage chromecasts and plugin settings pages and while I see an option for which voice to use (System/Voice) on the settings page, I do not see any options for local TTS.
                  Karl S
                  HS4Pro on Windows 10
                  1070 Devices
                  56 Z-Wave Nodes
                  104 Events
                  HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                  Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post

I am running v4.0.18.0. Where would I find the checkbox? I have looked at the devices, event settings, manage chromecasts and plugin settings pages and while I see an option for which voice to use (System/Voice) on the settings page, I do not see any options for local TTS.
                    I'm on beta 4.0.20.0 and also don't see it.
                    -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post

there is no local TTS checkbox, but if you set the voice to System everything should be local

Comment

Sorry, that was from way back. It's a drop list now in Settings.
                        Wade

Comment

For those of you that think that an outage of a few hours to potentially 1 day is long, get a grip! Have a hurricane come through your neighborhood and then you get new perspectives of what is important.

Anyone along the coast in SW Florida understands what I mean.
                          HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

there is no local TTS checkbox, but if you set the voice to System everything should be local
                            I did a little bit of digging, and it looks I am having a problem when I use the system voice and cast to a Speaker group. I have a Google Home with the screen and Suddenly I think that is causing the problem. I switched to the Google voice and things appear to be better.

I switched to the Krumpy plugin and saw the same issue. When I casted a non-google voice-- it didn't play or had a huge delay. I removed the Google home with the screen from the speaker group but not sure that did much either.
                            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                            Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                            weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Working...
                            X