Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will my HS4 Pro License work if I want to build a HS4 Pi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John245
    replied
    Originally posted by randy View Post
    Interesting. I didn’t see a problem, but I only ran it a day or so. If Ultra’s 3 plug-ins would run under Linux I would have run it longer. CPU is definitely more impacted than memory by HS. I’ve tried to run my configuration on an Intel Atom and a VM, both being painfully slow on the Event management page. The Pi4 was almost as snappy as my i7 equivalent Xeon server.
    I think the issue is that I have hundreds of devices that are updated every 10 seconds.

---
    John

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by John245 View Post

I think it will depend. I tried to move my HomeSeer instance to a RPI 4B 8GB and it turned out that there was no sufficient CPU power.

---
    John
    Interesting. I didn’t see a problem, but I only ran it a day or so. If Ultra’s 3 plug-ins would run under Linux I would have run it longer. CPU is definitely more impacted than memory by HS. I’ve tried to run my configuration on an Intel Atom and a VM, both being painfully slow on the Event management page. The Pi4 was almost as snappy as my i7 equivalent Xeon server.

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Mine is a 4G and here are the latest stats

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221024-145707_Chrome.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	1572407

Leave a comment:

• John245
    replied
    Originally posted by randy View Post
    I will add that HS4 (pro version) is very happy on a Pi4 2GB. I moved my config to one and it ran nearly as fast as on my Windows 10 Xeon server. I was impressed. Unfortunately, several plug-ins I count on will not work under Linux.
    I think it will depend. I tried to move my HomeSeer instance to a RPI 4B 8GB and it turned out that there was no sufficient CPU power.

---
    John

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    I will add that HS4 (pro version) is very happy on a Pi4 2GB. I moved my config to one and it ran nearly as fast as on my Windows 10 Xeon server. I was impressed. Unfortunately, several plug-ins I count on will not work under Linux.

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    I've been running HS4 Pro on a RPi for years. Install HS4 pro and enter your license and it should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    No, you can't use a "full" HS4 Pro license on an RPI unless you load a full Linux install on that RPi. The HST HS4Pi image requires a RPi license.

Leave a comment:

• ksdehoff
    started a topic Will my HS4 Pro License work if I want to build a HS4 Pi?

Will my HS4 Pro License work if I want to build a HS4 Pi?

I haven't looked into running homeseer on the pi much at all, but I'm thinking about it for a really remote part of my property. I've got 2 HS4 Pro licenses and am using 1. Can I activate the Pi HS4 with the same license or does it need a different one? Does anyone know?
Working...
X