Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NickTheGreat
    replied
    Nothing out of the ordinary for me this year. I do have a Pico remote set up as a kill switch that kills my lights, fog machine, and projector. That way right at 8:00 our house is no longer open for business.

Leave a comment:

• outbackrob
    replied
    Originally posted by ksum View Post
    Surprised this Halloween post hadn't been resurrected already. .......
    Got so busy with other projects this year..... And we didn't have a kiddo at home so motivation was low. Did sorta pull it off last minute with a little help from HS....

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    i have been wanting to do more as usually each year, HS just turns on my stuff.. nothing fancy. This year, I didnt setup anything other than a new dragon blow up and changed 2 bulbs to different colors. Just dont feel the vibe this year...

Leave a comment:

• jmaddox
    replied
    I have a set of decorations I put out each year including some light up pumpkins, animatronics and a graveyard with light up headstones. Up until this year I used a zwave outdoor switch to control power to the pumpkins but would manually turn on the rest. This year I pulled the trigger and purchased a couple of Zooz Zen16 3x dry contact relays and ran some 24ga wire to the 'try me' button on each of the animatronics.

I set up an event that triggers the animatronics in sequence when the motion sensor on my front porch is trggered. I also have the sequence trigger every 20 min dusk to 11pm. One of my decorations is a skeleton with red led eyes I set up in a rocking chair. every 4 min I turn the skeletons eyes off for 1 second then back on so it appears he's blinking.

Leave a comment:

• kenm
    replied
    I played around with simulating thunder and lightning and the occasional scream or two but not much more than that. When it comes to messing with lighting, remember to always consider safety. I worked on a lot of theatrical special effects and performers safety was always first consideration.

Leave a comment:

• ksum
    replied
    Surprised this Halloween post hadn't been resurrected already. Might want to scroll through the 10 pages to see what some of us have done in the past. As for me, little has changed this year.

Leave a comment:

• gwichman
    started a topic Halloween

Halloween

I'm wondering if anyone has any clever Halloween ideas using homeseer..?

It just occurred to me that perhaps I could create an event that makes the lights at the front of my house randomly dim/flicker or something for a more creepy effect. I wonder if that's possible by simply adjusting their dimness and even turning them off occasionally. Guess I'll have to go play with it.
Working...
X