No announcement yet.

HS4 upgrade issues

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    HS4 upgrade issues

    Just upgraded to HS4,

    first issue:

    - Anything I do in the web interface requires a manual page refresh.
    (ex: add filters to the device manager then save, move actions around in the event manager, etc.)

    Please tell me this is not normal behavior and how I can fix this.

    Will open a trouble ticket if needed but hopefully this is a known issue/easy fix.

    Thank you,

    What browser are you using? I don't see this with Chrome nor Firefox on a Mac.
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)


      Originally posted by kenm View Post
      What browser are you using? I don't see this with Chrome nor Firefox on a Mac.
      I use brave on a mac and don't see it either.
      HS3 Pro Edition (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

      Plug-Ins Enabled:
      weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:


        Thx for the feedback.
        seems to be related to my Jon00Links config...
        ​​​​​​Will do more testing this weekend.


          The following is only related to running HS4 on Ubuntu Linux V22.04. I do now run a VM (VB) of Windows 2016 64 bit server on the same machine running HS4 for Windows (limited) and have no issues with it. I use Jon00 network management / clients connectivity to manage my 15 Windows HS touchscreens running Jon00's client. Same HS4 IP but a different port for Windows.

          Here using Jon00Links BUT here configured HS4 new from scratch and then reconfigured all of my HS3 stuff manually.

          Been helping a peer with his new HS4 configuration and it was running fine and now he gets this error when starting up. I configured his from scratch after trying to import his HS3 configuration.

          I do not understand why this is happening. My HS4 works fine. It might be related to plugin or side app using Mono that is running.

          Note this is on Ubuntu 22.04 which is the same that I am running.

          ============================================================ =====
          Native Crash Reporting
          ============================================================ =====
          Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
          a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
          used by your application.
          ============================================================ =====
          09:37:04:2084:[Z-Wave]->*********************************************************** ********************
          09:37:04:2086:[Z-Wave]-> STARTUP COMPLETE: All configured interfaces
          were successfully initialized.​
          - Pete

          Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

          HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

          X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant


            I started using the Jon00links not long ago and did not notice a difference in using HomeSeer 4. I am running HomeSeer on Windows and typically use a Chrome browser as well as the stock Android browser on a Pixel 6. I did do a fresh install of HomeSeer as opposed to upgrading an older version. Mostly to allow me to clean up a bunch of things.
            Karl S
            HS4Pro on Windows 10
            1070 Devices
            56 Z-Wave Nodes
            104 Events
            HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
            Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays


              the issue was with misconfiguration of Jon00Links + some parent/child issues, reinstalling Jon Links and fixing the parent/child issues seems to have solved the problem.​