Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me understand plug in options, how plugins create devices & devices are managed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snovvman
    replied
    Originally posted by Wade View Post
    This depends on how the developer implemented device creation. There's no single answer. This said, my experience is that most will recreate the devices. If you're not prepared to uninstall the PI, reinstall, and start over, you may want to pose the question in each PI's subforum before proceeding.
    Originally posted by Wade View Post

I just tested this and it worked for me.

1) Enable Bulk Edit
    2) Select the devices you want to hide
    3) Click Bulk Action > Hide from All Views
    4) Click the eyeball icon to hide all that have been marked for hiding from all views
    Thank you for the information. Your procedure worked. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied
    Originally posted by snovvman View Post
    Following up--when I click on the eyeball to "Hide Marked", the device still shows up on the list. When I bulk edit "Hide from all views", the device still shows up on the list. Any ideas?
    I just tested this and it worked for me.

1) Enable Bulk Edit
    2) Select the devices you want to hide
    3) Click Bulk Action > Hide from All Views
    4) Click the eyeball icon to hide all that have been marked for hiding from all views

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied
    Originally posted by snovvman View Post

If I delete them all, will the *current* MyQ plugin recreate the proper device?

​
    This depends on how the developer implemented device creation. There's no single answer. This said, my experience is that most will recreate the devices. If you're not prepared to uninstall the PI, reinstall, and start over, you may want to pose the question in each PI's subforum before proceeding.

Leave a comment:

• snovvman
    replied
    Following up--when I click on the eyeball to "Hide Marked", the device still shows up on the list. When I bulk edit "Hide from all views", the device still shows up on the list. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• snovvman
    replied
    Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
    A lot of times, you can just use the filter at the top of the devices page and that will give you a general idea of devices that belong to a plugin, i.e. enter MyQ to see the MyQ devices.

You can hide devices using the List View, then Enable Bulk Edit

Then, on the left side, select the devices and hide them. Alternately, you can click the little eyeball and hide marked devices.
    Thank you for your reply. I now see the filter, bulk edit, and hide functions. Using MyQ as an example, when I filter MyQ, I see six devices--MyQ Garage Door Opener, MyQ Garage Door, MyQ Ryley Garage Door, MyQ Garage Door 2, MyQ Garage Door Opener 1, MyQ Garage Door Opener 3. I believe some of these are orphaned from previous versions of plugin between beta and non-beta. While the filter allows me to see all the MyQ​, I cannot tell which ones are orphaned or can be deleted.

If I delete them all, will the *current* MyQ plugin recreate the proper device?

Also, is there a way to identify any orphaned devices belonging to plugins that have been uninstalled?

Again, thank you!

​

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    A lot of times, you can just use the filter at the top of the devices page and that will give you a general idea of devices that belong to a plugin, i.e. enter MyQ to see the MyQ devices.

You can hide devices using the List View, then Enable Bulk Edit

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	115
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	1577072​
    Then, on the left side, select the devices and hide them. Alternately, you can click the little eyeball and hide marked devices.

All plugins come with a 30d trial and HST will generally extend the trials if asked.

Leave a comment:

• Help me understand plug in options, how plugins create devices & devices are managed

Questions all about plugins:

1) I see that there are now "included" plugins for Ecobee, Rachio, Harmony, Hue, etc. Coming from the HS3 days, I paid for those plugins by independent publishers because there were no "included" plugins for those integrations. I presume HS introduced those plugins at some point as options to the independent published plugins?

1a) I presume that the included plugins (for the same integration) may have a different feature set or do not line up feature-for-feature when compared to their independent publishers' offerings, and that I would need to try both to see which I prefer?

2) Many plugins create devices. I have disabled some plugins because I have no use for them at this time. I would like to delete the devices they created so they do not clutter up my device list. How would I get those devices created by the plugin back if I decide to use the plug in again? Do plugins re-create the devices and how can the re-creation be triggered?

3) How do I identify which device belong to which plugin? For example, I have four MyQ devices but only one MyQ plug in. I would like to delete the ones that are no longer valid. I think this was a result of installing beta and other versions of MyQ.

4) Is it possible to hide a device from the device list? I know I can put them in rooms or filter, but I was wondering if they can be hidden.

5) If I recall, when a plugin is removed, the devices they created remain. Is there an automatic way to remove them, or do I have to figure out which ones to remove?

Many thanks for any insight on these questions. Cheers.
Working...
X