Aeotec Siren 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeotec Siren 6

I've tried adding the Siren 6 to Homeseer using both the secure and unsecured methods. Either way, I do not get the 8 nodes I see in some of the posts for this device. The 'Add' function appears to bomb out at some point during the install. In the Devices section I just get a "Siren Notification" and a "Sound Control 1". I get two doorbells available in the 'Sound Control" - not the 30 sounds advertised. I can create an 'Set Device' event to set the doorbell level and another to ring one of the two the doorbells. But that is it.
    Attached Files

Mine looks like this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	219
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	1579346
    Most of the time the inclusion process went as expected, but on occasion Aeotec products have been uncooperative. I had two of their recessed door sensors that would not include and needed to be replaced.

My Siren 6 took 5 or 6 attempts to include, but eventually it worked.

Comment

jgreenberg01
      thanks, your screenshot is what I was expecting. I'll try some more.

Comment

Well I tried multiple times. I put a ticket into Aeotec and their response was to run the version of Z-Wave that I was already running. Since then nothing. At this point I'm ready to toss it in the trash.

Comment

Bob Chase....did you ever get this working. The first time I installed it came up with 3...but the third line had a pull down for all the sounds. The install showed errors so I excluded it and reinstalled it...now all I get it 2 doorbell sounds. I want the alarm sounds. I've tried doing a factory reset on it as well.

Comment

1st, you have to install this POS using Advanced Z-Wave Controller Functions and add it unsecure. This is from the Aeotec customer support.

Name:	2023-05-26 Advanced Z-Wave Functions.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	1616577

That should give you most of the functions that you want. Then you will still find issues with the Aeotec. A few sound controllers will not display correctly. Some others have a one number offset in the list, so you have to play "sound number 22" to actually get "sound number 23" to play.

I also muted all the sound channels. In my Aeotec events, I set the sound control I want to 100%, play the sound, and then immediately mute the sound control that just played. This significantly cut down on what I call double plays. For instance, I use sound number 23 to signal the garage door opening. Strangely the Aoetec would always play the sound I wanted but would then occasionally play another sound that was four numbers up the list right after it played #23. The mute function seems to have mostly stopped this 'double-play' from happening (but it did still occur just yesterday).

Name:	Aeotec Device.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	1616578

Comment

The advanced add function did bring the device back with I think 8 selections of Chimes in pulldowns. I've deleted it again now. Some sounds it would freeze on and never stop playing. It's didn't respond to mute commands etc.

Sadly, I also recently got an Ecolink Chime/Siren recently. It looks like it just disappeared. I removed it and added it back and it seems to work again. My old Ecolink motion sensors are rock solid. When I looked at device info there was a blank where it used to be with a message that told me to go to advanced functions and run a function, but that function doesn't exist on the dropdown )(*)(*X@#.

Both HS calls A/V devices. Seems like that's weird too....I get the audio part. Anyway. Guess it is a wait and see game on the gen 700 Ecolink device. Maybe there's a firmware upgrade...there is for the Aeotec as well...but won't run on 700 interfaces.

I hope HS gets to the 800 interface soon...need the Long Range zwave stuff.

Comment

I think that sound controls 6 ~ 8 are sirens. To shut them off I had to take the unit off the wall and force a reboot. I've used sound controls 2 ~ 4 but with the problems I've noted before.

I thought about buying the Ecolink but it was unavailable when I purchased the Aeotec. It sounds like the HS implementation of the Ecolink is poor also. I know my Ecolink door sensor tamper switch has to be reset with a command using a manual event when I have to change the battery. You would think that HS would reset the tamper alarm when the Ecolink sends the OK message or at least put a button on the device to reset the alarm.

Comment

Too much hassle with the Aeotec alarm. I've actually had great success with their recessed gen 7 open / close sensors. One of my indoor ones flaked out, but I have 3 on gates outside in Denver for a couple years now (wrapped in electrical tape),My older multi-sensor has been rock solid for years. I hope the Ecolink alarm was just a fluke..but if it happens once I'm not that optimistic.

Comment

I wonder is it is the HS4 implementation of these particular devices or if it is that some Z-Wave vendors are just that flaky. I wish Zooz made an alarm/doorbell, they seem to be the most reliable of the Z-Wave stuff I have bought so far.

Comment

I think we need to open tickets with HomeSeer. I have one of these and it did finally add correctly after several tries of removing and adding again. I have some Zooz stuff that won't add either. bobchase Feel your pain, I have a few devices sitting in a drawer waiting for a new release of the HomeSeer Zwave plugin. Maybe more tickets opened will get HST attention?

Comment

About the Aeotec siren...I do think I saw comments in a Habitat group saying they had issues too. If my Ecolink one goes away again I will.

Comment

Working...
                        X