CoRui Tuya Touch Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CoRui Tuya Touch Screen

I am looking at the Tuya CoRui touchscreen and was wondering if it will work with HS4? I see there is a plug-in for the Tuya but not sure if the touchscreen will work with it. If it does work with HS what is the best way to link it to HS?

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...andl_shipto=US

The first review states "Works only with Tuya, Alexa voice works well. UI is missing the icons shown in the pictures. There is limited support for Tuya devices, only basic ones like switches, lights, temperature sensors. Device has no ADB access."
    Sounds more like a mini hub that works with limited Zigbee and Tuya devices.
    I'd recommend HSTouch and an inexpensive Android tablet.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thinking here of purchasing and tinkering with the Sonoff NSPanel Pro which is totally different than the Sonoff NSPanel.

It is not a tablet and uses 120VAC.

Sonoff NSPanel Pro

Confusingly, despite having “NSPanel” in its name and having a similar in-wall form factor + design/housing this new “NSPanel Pro” is based on Android Oreo 8.1 operating system running on a Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A32 CPU + Mali-G31 GPU with 2GB RAM and 8GB eMMC Flash Storage, (instead of running an ESP32 like the original NSPanel which could be hacked with ESPHome or Tasmota), and it does not have any physical buttons or have integrated physical power relay switches so it should really not be compared to the first Sonoff NSPanel (which is not based on Android OS) 132. It is based on completely different technology and is almost certainly technically not compatible in any way with the first non-Android based Sonoff NSPanel. This new “NSPanel Pro” is more comparable to a small wall-mounted Android tablet or a smart display (like Google Nest Hub / Google Home Hub), however, like the first non-Android-based Sonoff NSPanel, this new panel is also meant to only act as a smart scene wall switch and not have the full functionality of an Android tablet, so like the original NSPanel it can be a great in-wall device for controlling lights, smart schenes, smart thermostats, DIY security alarm systems, getting pop-up real-time feeds from local security-cameras/video-doorbells (via RTSP), or other custom control like for example energy consumption information widgets.​
      You could run HSTouch on this panel if you wanted to.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Take a look here: https://community.home-assistant.io/...-brands/473366

It appears to be hackable but not very useful as shipped.

Once hacked it can be interfaced to HS4 using Zigbee2mqtt and the mcsMQTT plugin.

Seems like a lot of work for such an expensive panel. A $50 Android tablet with HSTouch or HSTile (and probably other options) can do much more.

"if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

I ordered the Sonoff NSPanel Pro for $89. I have never hung a battery powered tablet here. Always POE powered no battery tablets.

Way back modded the Wink Relay. I never liked the look of it so never installed it.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Rather than hijack the OP's post, I'm going to start a new post on using the NSPanel Pro. It's a little pricey but even my wife thought these could be useful in a few places in the house. She's warming up to touchscreens and the added possibility of using it as an intercom is interesting.
            "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
            X