Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn off WELCOME TO HOMESEER

Hi.
    Is there a way to turn off "WELCOME TO HOMESEER" speech when the system reboots. I do need all other notifications still to speak!

If I remember well, You have to remove it from the startup script ( startup.vb )

Comment

As noted, it's in the 'startup.vb' script in the Scripts folder.
      There should be lines like this:

' Speak - comment the next line if you do not want HomeSeer to speak at startup.
      'hs.Speak("Welcome to Home-Seer", True)
      The single quote symbol at the beginning of the line makes it a comment, so that it is not executed.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by kellermix View Post
        Hi.
        Is there a way to turn off "WELCOME TO HOMESEER" speech when the system reboots. I do need all other notifications still to speak!
        Look for Startup.vb in the \HomeSeer HS4/Scripts folder and open that with notepad. At the bottom of the script, change this:

hs.Speak("Welcome to Home-Seer", True)

to this

' hs.Speak("Welcome to Home-Seer", True)​

Then, do the same thing for this line to prevent the port number from being spoken:

hs.Speak("Web server port number is " & port)

change to this

' hs.Speak("Web server port number is " & port)

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

And since the file is in the program folder you can't save it. So either start notepad as an administrator or store the new file somewhere else and then copying it over the existing file.

Comment

Working...
          X