No announcement yet.

Sonoff NSPanel Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next steps here are to utilize Jon00's HSTile touchscreen app and Homeseer Touch with HS Designer.

Found an Android add on which boots Android in to a Kiosk mode browser mode called Wallpanel.

Works great. Note I will post all of the apps I used when updating the NSPanel pro on Microsoft Drive.

This should be easy....but noticed my first attempt failed.

Downloaded latest version of Android HSTouch for side loading...

HomeSeer Mobile_1.1.13_Apkpure.apk

renamed it to: HSClient.apk

Installed it:

Code:
    pete@ICS-IBM-T540P-0:~/adb$ adb connect 192.168.244.244
    connected to 192.168.244.244:5555
    pete@ICS-IBM-T540P-0:~/adb$ adb install HSClient.apk
    Success
    ​
    Configuring it to connect to HS3 or HS4 server. It does not. For now moving on to Jon00's HSTile app.

I have ssh, sftp and scp access to the Android build so will modify the configuration file later on to get it to work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HSTouch.jpg
Views:	561
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	1585219
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete, I couldn't take it and I ordered one also, came in today, looks like a nice little unit. I'll start on it in the morning.
      John

Comment

Good news lj502!!!

Here have just left it on with a screensaver. Have not had much time to tinker with it lately.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Playing around this morning, I'm thinking I might like this little guy on my nightstand or desk or ...
          Made a quick video with HSTouch 4 and using OverlaysPro it handles BlueIris and Squeezebox web pages full screen on top of HSTouch

https://youtu.be/gZrcin_7t9Q

Streamed BlueIris UI3 for about 7 hours overnight and HSTouch was still running fine underneath this morning, amazing!
          John

Comment

Watched the video; very quick responses from HSTouch 4. I think I side loaded the wrong version here. What version and where did you download it from?
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete It looks like you side-loaded HomeSeer Mobile, not HSTouch.
              "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

I got it here

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-beta-4-0-0-16

Forgot to add, I also installed Automagic, the proximity sensor works great also, get close and screen wakes up, HSTouch still fine. Using Automagic to toggle the Overlays for web pages with HTTP requests from an event in HS4, have always used Tasker for these things and then the Tasker App Factory to create an app from a task, not gonna try that with this tiny screen.

John

Comment

From Post 16, it looks like you loaded HSMobile.

Code:
                  Downloaded latest version of Android HSTouch for side loading...

HomeSeer Mobile_1.1.13_Apkpure.apk

renamed it to: HSClient.apk
                  "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Thank you John and Ken.

I have HS Touchscreen designer (for HS3 and now new HS4 designer) running on a W2016 server and have recently only designed my Windows tablet touchscreens. Have not touched Android in a long time. IE: historically rooted my Android phones and sandbox tested Android VMs.

My tabletop Intel touchsceens here run embedded Windows, Ubuntu Linux or Android. Rarely touch my Android tablets and mostly use my Windows 11 / Linux tablets these days.

I am also trying Jon00 tiles add on for this touchscreen.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

OK installed latest beta of HSTouch designer and created a base design. I see the Android client and saw the deploy button once. Next time went to deploy and did not see the deploy button.

Note doing this all via my Ubuntu laptop and RDP / VNC via Remmina to W2016 server and VNC to Android server.

Stopped the client on Android and restarted it. It worked!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	HSDesigner-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.5 KB ID:	1586447

Click image for larger version  Name:	NSPanelPro-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.2 KB ID:	1586448

Click image for larger version  Name:	NSPanel-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	32.5 KB ID:	1586449

Very simple design to start. Screen is set to 480 X 439. I keep losing my HS4 Designer deploy button. I do not know why.

Must be me.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete, the missing deploy is odd. Are you saying Tools > Deploy isn't there at all, or the Deploy fly-out doesn't show your device?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	417
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	1586475
                        -Wade

Comment

Pete If you aren't seeing the device next to Deploy then the device has disconnected. You should see the disconnect in your HS log.

Comment

Pete, Did you install all the Exposed stuff and update the Webview? I stopped at the launcher and have not done the rest yet, seems to be fine other than pinch zooming in Blue Iris, works everywhere else, probably update now and see.
                            Thinking of trying something for fun, pull the power supply off and go 5v straight to the header from something like a RPI ups with a wireless charging coil on the bottom for input. Really don't "need" it but I have all the parts here somewhere, Its perfect for controlling Squeezeplayers and a great front door cam viewer. I just Tasmotasized my custom pizza oven with 3 thermocouples and a custom rotating stone the also raises and lowers in the oven while turning, Now I have the perfect display go with.

Comment

Did you install all the Exposed stuff and update the Webview?

Do you have a link to the APK to install it via ADB?

I have created an ADB directory here of what is installed and and I plan to upload this to Microsoft drive and share it here.

Everything to date has installed fine with no issues. IE: Android Snaplink, Android HA client, ZMNinja, Blue Iris client, Amcrest client, et al.. I did remove all of the ITead apps to make more space.

I would prefer to connecting it to 5VDC. There is also an internal USB port on the main board...wondering though if you pull off the power supply board if the main board will work still. It would then almost be a flush mount with just a tiny hole for the 5VDC. I used this methodology for my kitchen counter LED lights. The 120VAC to 12VDC power supply is inside of the 4 X 4 metal box. I am doing the same for two Ring Keypads today in house number two.

It is the only device I see right now with HS4 Designer as I am still using HS3 designer with my 15 Wintel touchscreens.

I saw this behavior when first testing the new HS4 Beta designer with my Wintel touchscreens then frustrated quit tinkering with it.

I am running HS3/HS4 designer on W2016 Standard server. Here is what I see.

I did see the button once and that is how I got the design running the first time and only once.

It sees the Android client. IP: 192.168.244.247

Click image for larger version  Name:	deploy-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.4 KB ID:	1586506

But here there is no OK to deploy button and it sees no version of the newest client...(IE: 0.0) which is odd to me.

Earlier I killed the app on Android, then restarted it then I saw the button to deploy once and that is how I got the clock and temperature going.

Am I using wrong Android template? Noticed a phone android template earlier.

Click image for larger version  Name:	deploy-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.1 KB ID:	1586507
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I used the same examples you used and have the Exposed stuff just stopped short of that to play, I noticed when taking apart that the pins going to power supply are labeled on the board, 5v, gnd, and a couple gpios, seems easy enough to test out tonight.
                                my deployment shows same as yours Current Client Version 0.0 and New Version 4.0.0.16 which is the Designer version, there is a lot of quirks in the new Designer yet to be worked out it seems. I don't think the skin choice matters, I believe it just refers to the skin folder, I am using default with my own graphics and buttons added there. Do you connect locally or through MyHs? only other thing I could think of is sometimes if Designer is already open and connected it might not see a new device connect to HS4, same as if you create a new device or event Designer needs to refresh to see them.

Comment

Working...
                                X