Sonoff NSPanel Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pete
    I do agree about WiFi devices. Unfortunately the evil spying company Tuya started making their own chips with Tuya build-in and most if not all Chinese manufacturers adopted Tuya (most likely Tuya sells their MCUs cheap or at a loss just to gain market share and dominance in spying). It's hard to find ESP based devices anymore. I see only one choice for ESP / Tasmota WiFi dimmer at Amazon that is twice as expensive. Do you have better sources for ESP based WiFi dimmers. I will need about 100 of them. At this scale the price does matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Thedude View Post
      Pete
      I do agree about WiFi devices. Unfortunately the evil spying company Tuya started making their own chips with Tuya build-in and most if not all Chinese manufacturers adopted Tuya (most likely Tuya sells their MCUs cheap or at a loss just to gain market share and dominance in spying). It's hard to find ESP based devices anymore. I see only one choice for ESP / Tasmota WiFi dimmer at Amazon that is twice as expensive. Do you have better sources for ESP based WiFi dimmers. I will need about 100 of them. At this scale the price does matter.
      Since this has nothing to do with the NSPanel Pro, can you start a new thread so this one stays focused?
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

kenm - check out or download the Android files above. I copied a few to new file names to make it easier to use the ADB command line.

Thank you for original post and topic for the NSPanel Pro.

Next couple of endeavors here is using Jon00 Tile display and a take a part and removal of the 120VAC power supply with pictures.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post

Since this has nothing to do with the NSPanel Pro, can you start a new thread so this one stays focused?
          You are correct. Sorry, I was simply replying to Pete 's comments. Other than that the subject of flashing Tasmota into Tuya devices and ESP is well covered in the forums and I don't need to start another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
            lj502 What do you mean by "overlays"? HSTile is browser based so it displays a page at a time but can have a tile in the foreground on a page and you can use the show/hide action to create a "popup" feel. Is that what you are referring to?
            I guess I missed this, Overlays is an android app that has built in overlays (calculator, calendar, stop watch, lots of useless things, lol) that float over any other app while allowing interaction with both (overlays are sizeable and movable if wanted), The useful part for me is that is also allows web app overlays to open any web page in any size window, floating above another app, HSTouch for me. I can open a fullscreen window of BlueIris while actully still in HSTouch (saving my viewing setting as well) which HSTouch still can't fix. I also do the same with the web control of Squeezebox (LMS Server) but with a overlay that only covers half the screen, the other half shows buttons in HSTouch to directly start playlists or anything else in HS4 while sill having full control over my music server. Works perfectly, I have streamed BlueIris for hours fullscreen over HSTouch and it always is connected and fine.
            Overlays are able to be called or killed from plugins in tasker or Automagic which I am using now with an html call from Homeseer, also on each overlay I add a button overlay to close the whole thing.
            It also has a nice sidebar with various functions you can customize and access with a swipe, works great.
            I'm gonna post a video explaining my setup in HSTouch, been very happy with this software combo, just haven't had the time.

I did switch my NSPanel Pro over to 5v and added a battery ups board with a 5000mah lithium battery, works great and runs almost a day. Printed a little case to stuff it to.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230130_174411074.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	1592852Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230130_174501164.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	1592853Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230130_174917512.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	1592854Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230130_175055817.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	1592855Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230127_183700286.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	1592856Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230130_175553895.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	1592857

Comment

Great stuff lj502 !!!

So I see you used the first two pins for ground / 5VDC.

Name:	NSPanelPro-4.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1592920
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Can anyone using an NSPanel Pro assist here?
                "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Just thought I'd provide a bit of updated info for anyone just starting on one of these. I received two new panels yesterday and they both had FW 1.5.0 on them. I updated them to 1.5.6 as a first step. Unlike the 1.4.0 firmware that forced you to use the USB port to break into the unit and enable developer mode, this version once again allows you to enter developer mode and enable ADB from the EWeLink app. I'm not convinced that Sonoff was intent on locking out developer mode in 1.4.0 or if they just broke the firmware or the app or both.

One nice thing about the latest firmware is the fact that they updated Webview so it's one less step you have to do to get Fully Kiosk Browser and WallPanel working.

Comment

Been out for a while...
                    I pulled everything out of the printed case I made after I saw this micro arcade game, family had a large vending company and this was my father's favorite game, no idea why, lol. Anyway I pulled the guts from the game and installed the Nspanel Pro with the battery setup inside, perfect fit, sits on my desk now. This thing is rock solid on HSTouch4, been running well over a month with no disconnects at all, amazing really.
                    I think I'm gonna put together a few more gifts and my gameroom for sure, there is a nice collection of 80's games in this system. I also have a couple jukebox wallboxes with HSTouch panels inside, I like the old made new.

Name:	nspanel_pro_burgertime1.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	1608597

Name:	nspanel_pro_burgertime2.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	1608599
                    Attached Files

Comment

That is freaking hilarious, nicely done!

Comment

I love it.

Those graphics look a little too modern. It could use some "BurgerTime" themed icons.

Comment

@lj502

Very nice. Remembering now purchasing tabletop pacman machine for my son's 3rd birthday.

Here still have a "few" refurbished slot machines from the 1930's that dad got in the 1950's-60's.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Amazon was running a sale a while back on the SONOFF NSPanel and I picked one up not realizing it was the smaller version not the PRO. I haven't taken it out the box yet but does anyone know if it will take the software mods like the PRO?

Comment

Originally posted by thomauto@aol.com View Post
                              Amazon was running a sale a while back on the SONOFF NSPanel and I picked one up not realizing it was the smaller version not the PRO. I haven't taken it out the box yet but does anyone know if it will take the software mods like the PRO?
                              No, the NSPanel is not Android based. However, it is ESP32 based and can be hacked. https://blakadder.com/nspanel-hacking/

Comment

Working...
                              X