X10 Security sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 Security sensors

Are these any good? http://www.x10.com/products/ds10a_sp_4f1.html Anyone have experience with them?

If you have a W800 to receive the signals from them the yes they are very handy for all kinds of applications. I use them on all of my doors to sound a small X10 chime module. This way when the kids go in or out it lets us know. They can also be used on interior doors that need to be monitored as well. I read where someone put a module on their chemical cabinet door. The W800 information is in this forum:
    http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=705
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Are the sensors and the W800 all I need or do I need the whole kit with the alarm system too? Just started reading up on this stuff now

Comment

Just the sensors and the W800. The beauty is the W800 is also a "all house code" RF receiver that works with X10 motion sensors as well as palm pads and any other X10 RF transmitter. It also has a superior range that the MR26A does. This allow you to eliminate all the plugin RF receivers that you may be using.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Was thinking about getting a W800 a while back but then I found this big power antenna I hooked up to my mr26a and I've got probably too much range now lol. I guess I need to find a W800 after I order these sensors, BTW they're 4/$20 now on x10.com for anyone else interested in them.

Comment

Jason,
            Here's an excellent place to buy the W800. The guy that runs the company is Martin and he is a fellow BB member. You can't beat his price either because if you find it cheaper he will match.

http://www.automatedoutlet.com/produ...&cat=10&page=1

Comment

w800

I switched from a modded mr26a to the w800 a few months back and have never regretted it. VERY handy, particularly when you add in the fact that it can be used with the x10 security sensors.
              Last edited by rmiles7721; February 11, 2005, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Hey guys - thanks for the timely info. I just bought 4 of those "security sensors" for 20 bucks and am getting ready to by the W800 from Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
                  If you have a W800 to receive the signals from them the yes they are very handy for all kinds of applications.
                  Do I need a W800 or will my RR501 work with these sensors?

Thanks in advance

Comment

No RR501's will not see the signals because if I remember correctly it is at a different frequency than normal X10 RF devices.

Comment

The security devices use a different protocol than the normal X10 devices, an RR501 or TM751 (?) will not see it.

Funny thing, I'm SURE I posted a similar comment yesterday... it's gone!

Comment

Gotcha. The W800 seems like such a better solution anyway. Since I'll also be using X10 motion detectors I can keep a bunch of traffic off the power lines. Just ordered a W800 from automated outlet.

Thanks all

Comment

Working...
                        X