Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change the browser taskbar icon

Hi all,
    As I beleive most of you, I always have a browser window on my desktop that points to the HS webserver.
    When this window is reduced in the taskbar it shows the regular icon of my browser (Internet explorer).
    Is there a way to have this icon custom changed so I can find it a first glance ?

Thanks
    Pierre

PS: I am speaking about the regular taskbar, not the tray or fast launch...
    Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

As far as I know there is no way to do this. You can easily create a shortcut to the page on your desktop, as it sounds like you have, then right click and go to properties to change that icon. But when you actually load the page, the program is IE that is running, and that icon cant be changed as far as I know of for the actual program.

I may be wrong here, so I am not TOTALLY saying it cant be done, but I am 99% sure......
    Visit My Home Seer Site at:
    www.JohnWPB.com
    Created with LCARS

Comment

If you right click the desktop short cut, the menu appears. Click the properties and the properties box appears. On the web page tab there is a button to change the icon. I changed the icon just from the short list of available icons but I am sure you could add more icons that suit your requirements.
      Mike

Comment

Goddard99, You are right, you CAN change the desktop shortcut Icon, no problem, as I mentioned in my last post.

Pierre is looking to change the "icon" that appears in the taskbar when the program is minimized. As it is internet explorer that is open, it will always display the IE icon when minimized.
        Visit My Home Seer Site at:
        www.JohnWPB.com
        Created with LCARS

Comment

Yes John, I should have read his post a little closer
          Mike

Comment

I am also 99% sure....until Rupp will answer ....
            Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

I do not think it is doable either. This icon is taken from the icon in the upper left of the form and the forms designer is the selector of this icon.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Create an HTA

You can create an HTA (HTML Application) that contains your HS page. In the <head> tag of an HTA, you can specify icon=. See here for info on HTA - http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...node_entry.asp. I haven't tested this with my own HS page, but did a small test with a simple page and the icon thing works. It's sort of cool because you can have lots of control over borders, etc.

Comment

Working...
                X