Manually triggered event with AND IF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manually triggered event with AND IF?

Need some confirmation on this before trying it, could damage the blinds and don't want to. 😊

I have an event to open a vertical blind, it's manually trigger since it's run from another event only.
    I don't think I ever did this before so asking first, can I add an AND IF to it and have it honor the AND IF being manually triggered?
    I'm hoping since it let me add it, it'll honor it but can't hurt to ask. I'm sure someone's done it before.

Originally posted by Demusman View Post
    Need some confirmation on this before trying it, could damage the blinds and don't want to. 😊

I have an event to open a vertical blind, it's manually trigger since it's run from another event only.
    I don't think I ever did this before so asking first, can I add an AND IF to it and have it honor the AND IF being manually triggered?
    I'm hoping since it let me add it, it'll honor it but can't hurt to ask. I'm sure someone's done it before.
    Yes. Put the Condition in the called Event. When running it from another Event select in the calling Event "Check conditions on target event".

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
      When running it from another Event select in the calling Event "Check conditions on target event".
      Ah yes, I forgot about that.
      Thanks!

How about if it's not called from another event, but run from HS Touch button?
      Would it still honor the AND IF?

Comment

Originally posted by Demusman View Post

Ah yes, I forgot about that.
        Thanks!

How about if it's not called from another event, but run from HS Touch button?
        Would it still honor the AND IF?
        No. Directly running the event manually bypasses all Triggers and Conditions. However, you could reconfigure your HSTouch button to run a separate Event where the only Action is to call the Event you wish to run with the "Check conditions on target event" option selected.

Comment

Originally posted by Steveo369 View Post

No. Directly running the event manually bypasses all Triggers and Conditions. However, you could reconfigure your HSTouch button to run a separate Event where the only Action is to call the Event you wish to run with the "Check conditions on target event" option selected.
          +1 for this method. I use this regularly when running events from a UI.
          "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Thanks.
            All Set.

Comment

Working...
            X