Schlage Lock Dashboard Display / "Door Lock Logging"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schlage Lock Dashboard Display / "Door Lock Logging"

Hi - I have a Schlage Lock on my home automation system (HS4). It is currently showing the gear symbol and "Door Lock Logging (Not Set)" as the primary thing in the schlage lock device box on my dashboard. I have two questions about this:

1) I would rather see Access Control Notification (also a gear symbol item) in this display box. How do I change this?

2) What is "Door Lock Logging"? I'm puzzled because it very clearly says "Not Set" - but I do see entries on my log for when I use that door. is it referring to a different type of log?

Thank you so much for helping me :-)

You need to specify the model lock you are using, which would help people help you

And screenshots of what you actually see helps us.

Comment

oh, sorry! My lock is a: Schlage BE469ZP

And here's what I see on my dashboard:
      ​​
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	124
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	1584197
      Attached Files

Comment

Oh, you're using Grid View. I hate Grid View, doesn't convey a lot of details at a glance, I prefer list view. No worries, here's what you do...

Click on the device to bring up the details and then click on the root feature:

Name:	temp.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	1584204

Next click on the Features tab to bring up the child feature order page:

Name:	temp2.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	1584205

Us the arrows or the handles on the far right to re-arrange the priority order that features appear on the display. For things you don't want to see then click the eyeball to hide them.

Comment

Thank you. Do you have a "door lock logging" item? I'm still a little puzzled as to what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by arbelos View Post
            Thank you. Do you have a "door lock logging" item? I'm still a little puzzled as to what it is.
            No, I have the predecessor to your model, the BE469

Comment

ok, thanks for your help on the display!

Comment

I have 5 of those locks and none of them included with that Feature. All of mine were included under HS3. It is possible the newer Z-Wave plug-ins find new features under interrogation. A screenshot of yours would help. Here’s mine.

Click image for larger version  Name:	429E9D06-FE02-4601-AADE-BDEE2D795BDC.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.7 KB ID:	1584211
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Name:	image.png
Views:	140
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	1584216

A <hopefully> brief background: This lock is not brand-new. It was purchased in late 2018 and included in the Homeseer system I had running at the time. In Nov of this year, a power surge fried that system, and I now have a new HS4 controller (on a new surge protector!). So, my Schlage lock is not new, but my HS4 system is. It took me a while to bring all my devices back, and yesterday I re-added the lock and re-built its events. I honestly can't tell you about the "Door Lock Logging" situation under the old system as it was not showing as the primary thing in the grid display - and I simply did not notice it in this list as I spent my energy learning everything else I had to learn after my husband, who built this sytem, passed away. Now that I'm more familiar with and comfortable with the system, it's registering to me as a little peculiar since it references a "log" but the only log I know about is the one I easily access from the Tools drop-down. On that log, I see lock entries - but that doesn't make sense if the above is saying logging is "not set". This is not a hardship situation (i.e. no errors, no loss of functionality) - I'm just trying to understand what "Door Lock Logging" is.
                  Thank you for any insight, I sincerely appreciate it.

Comment

Since Randy has this model lock I'll defer to him to guide you further (mine being older doesn't have the updated features). But I just want to say kudos to you for trying to pick up on your spouse's previous automation work, it's definitely not easy (for even experienced automation folks) to pick up on what somebody else did unless it was fully documented.

Just provide device models and screen shots whenever you have questions, and we'll try to help!

Comment

I have three 4-year old Yale locks that included the Lock Logging devices. They serve no useful purpose that I can discern.

Clicking the 'Get Latest Record' button results in a query to the lock for the most recent activity.

Oddly, one of the three includes the time, which has drifted a bit. (I've stumbled across a method to get this synchronized but don't recall it now )

Though they serve no purpose, my AR nature led to the two events shown which keep them updated. These are repeated for each lock.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X