Ring Doorbell and Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ring Doorbell and Cameras

Hello, I am somewhat new to Homeseer since Insteon nearly folded some months ago. I have started using HSTouch to create wall mounted control panels. I would like to add support for my Ring doorbell and cameras. I have started looking into MQTT, but I am honestly completely lost on how to link Ring to an MQTT broker. I have also heard it is possible to view Ring video via RSTP, however, I am new to that as well and cannot figure out the proper links or where to enter them into Homseer for it to work.

Has anyone had success integrating Ring into Homeseer? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Hi Chad611,

I've been tracking this down myself and came across this thread that looks promising.
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...a/ring-dcorsus
    I am new to Homeseer and just getting an idea of what all can be done with this platform.

Comment

dcorsus is there a way to upload my own status images? I would like to use a few special symbols for the security system.

Comment

Originally posted by chad611 View Post
        dcorsus is there a way to upload my own status images? I would like to use a few special symbols for the security system.
        I think I have the installer info set to not overwrite status images, so you can overwrite them with your own

Comment

Okay, this is the first time I am doing this. I figured out how to connect to my homeseer pi with winscp, however I cannot find where the status images are stored. Do you happen to know the path?

Comment

Originally posted by chad611 View Post
            Okay, this is the first time I am doing this. I figured out how to connect to my homeseer pi with winscp, however I cannot find where the status images are stored. Do you happen to know the path?
            You can start under /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/images. I would also recommend Jon00's Status Graphics plug-in, which makes it a lot easier to change those status images:

Jon00 Status Graphics Editor & Copier for Homeseer 4 - HomeSeer Message Board

Comment

Working...
            X