Question ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question ?

I created aome V devices to use as flags i asumed that an Off value was 0 and an on value was 1 but it would seem that an on value is 100 ?

Also I am storing some temp values in som other devices and I hit the on off button in the HTML page and now the Web page and the Win32 display shows the device as Off. But when i run my script the value stored in that device is still there ? how do i get the on off display to go away and have the value of the device display again ?

I am using the script commands hs.setdevicevalue and hs.devicevalue commands to set and retreve the data stored in the devices.

Thanks

AB

Andrew,
    Maybe if you told us what your wanting to do we could offer a solution or suggestions. For example what you see when you look at a device is the device string and not device value. The device value, if unaltered, stores the dim level of a device thus the 100 for on.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have the following

I have a script that controls my HVAC and updates temp data fro Zoning from my Temp08 1-wire system.

I am using HS Devices as flags in my program and also using devices as places to store temp data as it was at a given time. then later retreve from that device to reset the Thermostat back to the original setting. All works without a hitch. but the devices I use to store the temp values and the flag settings such as 1 for set and 0 for unset hold that value fine. but the display of devices in the hs GUI or web page display now only sho the device on or off state and not the value of the device. this only changed when i pressed the off command on the web page to see what would happen. and now i wish i had not.

AB

Comment

OK Now I feal dumb

I had changed my script and took out the Setdevicestring command that was the GUI display problem :-)

all good now.

This is the script I have created It seems to be working if anyone wants to look at it and make it better or find errors in it for me I would welcome the feedback

This is the script to control the Thermostats in the living room and Kitchen to adjust the temp setting to maintain the bedroom temp without regard to the temp in other rooms. The next step is to put in Dampers and control the HVAC from each room.

Andrew
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X