Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexa won't voice trigger my events -Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa won't voice trigger my events -Solved!

Alexa won't voice trigger my events any longer. But no problem turning on/off a device. HS Support had me try all sorts of things. I finally restored my system to a point before it started happening, removed all events and devices in the Alexa app, and rediscovered them but still no luck. "Alexa, turn on <devicename>" works, "Alexa run <event name>" does nothing. No ack from Alexa. If I try "Alexa, run <non-existant-event>" she says I don't know that. This leads me to believe she's properly recognizing the events that are there but can't trigger them.

P.S. Again, I restored the system back to the state it was in before this started happening about a day and a half ago. If anybody else, let me know and I'll give you my support ticket number to reference.
    I've done all the usual stuff, disabling and relinking the HS skill, etc.

Same issue here. Just Started...

Alexa will discover Alexa & Voice Enabled Events but will not run them

I just discovered that HS4 Events (Alexa Scenes) no longer running on "Alexa" voice commands (01/15/2023)

I have scoured the internet for several days and tried all of the suggestions (Deleting Scenes, Disabling Skill, deselecting Alexa & Voice for all HS Events except for one, Re-Linking HS SmartHome & Home Automation Skills, re-discovering Scenes, rebooting HS controller, rebooting router, connecting remotely through myHS confirming I can manually control HS4 Events remotely). No matter what I do, Alexa no longer triggers the Event with a voice command. I can control individual devices with Alexa, but can no longer trigger HS4 Events like I was able to even just a few short days ago...

Starting from scratch, here is what I have done and it still no longer triggers HS4 Events...

1.) HS4>Create an Event
    2.) Event>Advance options>Enable "Voice Command" & "Amazon Alexa Discovery"
    3.) Alexa App > Search and enable "HomeSeer SmartHome" & "Home Automation" Skills
    4.) Link Skills to myhs.homeseer.com account (successful!)
    5.) Alexa App >Scenes > "Discover Scenes" (1 Scene Discovered Successfully)
    6.) Say Alexa, Run "Scene Name" - See Note 1 below...
    ....a.) Say Alexa, Turn On "Scene Name")
    ....b.) Say Alexa, Tell HomeSeer to Turn On "Scene Name"

Note 1:
    Alexa's Echo ring light will light up blue and rotate for a few seconds but no Alexa confirmation or feedback and HS4 Event does not run. Alexa blue light goes out. This only happens on HS4 Events. Alexa Voice commands DO work for individual Devices just not HS4 Events.​

Comment

Originally posted by rbeavers View Post
      Same issue here. Just Started...

Alexa will discover Alexa & Voice Enabled Events but will not run them

I just discovered that HS4 Events (Alexa Scenes) no longer running on "Alexa" voice commands (01/15/2023)

I have scoured the internet for several days and tried all of the suggestions (Deleting Scenes, Disabling Skill, deselecting Alexa & Voice for all HS Events except for one, Re-Linking HS SmartHome & Home Automation Skills, re-discovering Scenes, rebooting HS controller, rebooting router, connecting remotely through myHS confirming I can manually control HS4 Events remotely). No matter what I do, Alexa no longer triggers the Event with a voice command. I can control individual devices with Alexa, but can no longer trigger HS4 Events like I was able to even just a few short days ago...

Starting from scratch, here is what I have done and it still no longer triggers HS4 Events...

1.) HS4>Create an Event
      2.) Event>Advance options>Enable "Voice Command" & "Amazon Alexa Discovery"
      3.) Alexa App > Search and enable "HomeSeer SmartHome" & "Home Automation" Skills
      4.) Link Skills to myhs.homeseer.com account (successful!)
      5.) Alexa App >Scenes > "Discover Scenes" (1 Scene Discovered Successfully)
      6.) Say Alexa, Run "Scene Name" - See Note 1 below...
      ....a.) Say Alexa, Turn On "Scene Name")
      ....b.) Say Alexa, Tell HomeSeer to Turn On "Scene Name"

Note 1:
      Alexa's Echo ring light will light up blue and rotate for a few seconds but no Alexa confirmation or feedback and HS4 Event does not run. Alexa blue light goes out. This only happens on HS4 Events. Alexa Voice commands DO work for individual Devices just not HS4 Events.​
      Please put in a support ticket with HS, and refer to mine HSCS-17727. Please let me know your ticket number so I can also point them to yours. https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2

Comment

I also have a support ticket opened "HSCS-17740 - Alexa discovers HS4 voice enabled scenes (events) but will not run them". When they respond, I will point them to your ticket as well...

Comment

I also have a support ticket opened "HSCS-17740 - Alexa discovers HS4 voice enabled scenes (events) but will not run them". When they respond, I will point them to your ticket as well...
          👍 Squeaky wheel...

Comment

I Just received this response from support on 01/17/2023...

Support commented:

We are aware of this issue and will report back when we have a fix.​

Fingers crossed they will find a fix quickly!​

Comment

I Just received this response from support on 01/17/2023...

Support commented:

We are aware of this issue and will report back when we have a fix.​

Fingers crossed they will find a fix quickly!​
              I got a similar note. 🤞🤞🤞

Comment

This should be working now. Can you guys test please?
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                  Working!

Comment

YES!!! Working now.

Rupp, would you mind letting us know what the issue was and how you were able to correct it?

-Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                      working but having trouble executing events via Alexa. Ever since HS fixed the problem Alexa is not working consistently with events. I use to be able to say "Alexa, (run, execute, activate, turn on) <event name.> But now only turn on seems to work consistently.

Comment

I set up Alexa routines to run HS events, and it's been working really well for a couple of years.

Recently, it's been hit or miss whether it will run the event.

Maybe not hit or miss, it probably runs the event 90% of the time. What's going on with the other 10% though???

Comment

Originally posted by jgreenberg01 View Post
                          I set up Alexa routines to run HS events, and it's been working really well for a couple of years.

Recently, it's been hit or miss whether it will run the event.

Maybe not hit or miss, it probably runs the event 90% of the time. What's going on with the other 10% though???
                          Try all of these and see which one works reliably "Alexa, (run, execute, activate, turn on) <event name>" and please post back here. The closer we can hit the nail on the head...

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

Try all of these and see which one works reliably "Alexa, (run, execute, activate, turn on) <event name>" and please post back here. The closer we can hit the nail on the head...
                            The routine always runs. As an example "Alexa, goodnight": the alexa routine does some things, then it runs an HS event. The alexa parts work 100% of the time, but the HS portion (lock any unlocked doors, close garage door if it's open, turn off all indoor lights, check all alarm zones, set alarm) doesn't run about 10% of the time.

I will try what you suggested to see if it makes a difference, but I suspect it won't. Will report back either way.

Comment

When it fails to run, check the log to see if the command was sent down from the server. If it wasn't, I can put a monitor on your activity to try to see where the issue might be coming from.
                              Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Working...
                              X