Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexa won't voice trigger my events -Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andyf View Post
    Is it possible? I'm not holding my breath but all of a sudden I got an Alexa notification on my iPad saying it had automatically discovered a bunch of new scenes. This has never happened before. So I went back into Alexa, deleted all my routines and scenes (you can't tell which were the newly discovered scenes). Did a new Scene Discovery and created a few voice activated routines. So far, all working 100%.

Something must have just changed with Alexa or the skill. I know, been there, done that. We'll see if it lasts, meanwhile voice activated routines are back up and running๐Ÿคž
    Looks like whatever Rich did also fixed it for me. Thanks rjh !

Comment

I don't believe we changed anything, but we did look into this for another user and it does require that your Alexa user (the user you use to link your account) is created in HS and that user has event access enabled. Maybe you changed the user settings? Or added the user to HS recently?

One thing that was enabled last week was report state. If you look at your devices in the Alexa App they should now display the correct current state. This was disabled for a while due to some flooding of requests by a few users. Amazon is looking into that issue.

Originally posted by avpman View Post

Looks like whatever Rich did also fixed it for me. Thanks rjh !
      ๐Ÿ’‍โ™‚๏ธ Support & Customer Service ๐Ÿ™‹‍โ™‚๏ธ Sales Questions ๐Ÿ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        I don't believe we changed anything, but we did look into this for another user and it does require that your Alexa user (the user you use to link your account) is created in HS and that user has event access enabled. Maybe you changed the user settings? Or added the user to HS recently?

One thing that was enabled last week was report state. If you look at your devices in the Alexa App they should now display the correct current state. This was disabled for a while due to some flooding of requests by a few users. Amazon is looking into that issue.

Nope, I didn't change anything except to enable voice command on an event I had previously converted to run when a virtual device was turned on. My workaround to the event problem. I made a VD for each event and told Alexa to turn on the VD which triggered the events. Dunno why it's working if you didn't do anything. Just glad it's working now.

Comment

Working...
        X