Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer and Brilliant Controllers

Hi All -

Have an opportunity to pick up some Brilliant controllers at a reasonable price.

I'm wondering how the interface with homeseer would work, if at all?

We have a Sonos system and I know it will interface directly with that as well as with the ecobee thermostats. Ia there a plug in or API or a way to have it communicate with the Homeseer as well,at least for the lights it would control?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

This question has been asked many time in these forums with no response, use the following google search:
    Code:
    site:forums.homeseer.com Brilliant Controller
    It seems the only other hub controller they work with is SmartThings:
    Smart Home Products That Work With Brilliant – Brilliant Support

In terms of API....
    Does Brilliant have a public API/SDK to integrate with? – Brilliant Support

Comment

Yeah, I thought I've read it before and I remember it being not positive, but I was hoping maybe there had been some changes.

I'll do some more searching as you suggested. I did Google, results were pretty weak.

Is there any ability to interface with SmartThings as a secondary controller? I have a feeling this would add an unnecessary level of complexity, but there has to be somebody out there who has tried this.

I wish somebody could release something like this that is natively compatible. It is a beautiful piece of work.

​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by nyc2pit View Post

Is there any ability to interface with SmartThings as a secondary controller?
        Have you checked the plug-ins page in Homeseer?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	218
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	1587816

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	218
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	1587816
          Yes I have seen that. I think my question was more along the lines of has anyone implemented this and how does it actually work?

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	39.0 KB ID:	1587816
            It remains ​​unclear to me that this would even allow me to do what I'd want it to do. (Control lights via on wall brilliant control AND via Homeseer; also to expose the Brilliant controls to Homeseer for the camera, motion sensor, etc).

Comment

I found this on the Brilliant site, maybe if enough of us ask they will provide API for HS4.

https://brillianttech.wufoo.com/forms/z1cp168f0ert6uy/

Comment

Originally posted by NC-Lou View Post
                I found this on the Brilliant site, maybe if enough of us ask they will provide API for HS4.

https://brillianttech.wufoo.com/forms/z1cp168f0ert6uy/
                FWIW, myself (and I think others in this thread) have contacted them via their support email. The response I got was (paraphrasing) "We have no plans to open up our API nor support Homeseer at this time" so feel free but I think that's a dead end.

If they wanted to release the API I think they would have by this point.

It's too bad, it's a nice product. Best of its kind that I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by nyc2pit View Post

FWIW, myself (and I think others in this thread) have contacted them via their support email. The response I got was (paraphrasing) "We have no plans to open up our API nor support Homeseer at this time" so feel free but I think that's a dead end.

If they wanted to release the API I think they would have by this point.

It's too bad, it's a nice product. Best of its kind that I've seen.
                  They DO NOT want to open up their API. Instead, they are looking to partner with larger companies who can "bring them along for the ride". Reminds me of the days when companies only wanted to develop solutions that worked with AMX and Crestron. Seeing that they are integrated with SmartThings says to me that's the target audience.
                  "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post

They DO NOT want to open up their API. Instead, they are looking to partner with larger companies who can "bring them along for the ride". Reminds me of the days when companies only wanted to develop solutions that worked with AMX and Crestron. Seeing that they are integrated with SmartThings says to me that's the target audience.
                    Makes sense. It's too bad, they have a really good product.

Probably (definitely) overpriced, but there isn't anything else like it on the market .... wish Innovelli or Zooz or someone like that would take this up with an open API.

Maybe the market is smaller than I imagine, I don't know.....

Comment

Working...
                    X