Creating Web Page with Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating Web Page with Pictures

I am trying to put together a web page with our digital pictures that can be accessed from computers on our home network. The best solution would be a kind of slideshow where the viewer can jump to the next or previous picture with a button push. Is this possible? Can anyone point me in the right direction to get started with this?
    Thanks.

One alternative

Here is a pretty good program that will generate the pages for you automatically, and allow you to browse through the photo's

Check it out HERE

Here is another alternative, a FREE program that has most of the features of the one above HERE

SnapFiles is one of my favorite sites for free software, you can check out about 40 different HTML slide show programs HERE
    Visit My Home Seer Site at:
    www.JohnWPB.com
    Created with LCARS

Comment

Here's a slide show.asp file that Patrick Sikes wrote. You simply create a directory of pictures and edit this variable. I believe it requires no spaces in the file name but could easily be fixed.

Const mypath="/slideshow"
      Attached Files
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I use Picasa (v2). I really like this program as it is the best I've seen for import, sorting, and categorizing pictures (I have >3K pics). It has a really simple interface as well and can export picture groups into customizable web pages. I then have a link on my HS website to an index which presents all the images.
        Mike

Comment

I tried 'em all - and none did what I wanted:

Simulate a 35mm slide projector - viewing on my living room TV which is fed by the garage PC (SVGA to video). Auto-stepping, forward and reverse using the TV's remote.

And a menu of folders of pictures - appearing on the TV screen.
          And lastly - automatic flagging of folders which have new, unseen pictures. After looking at the new ones, the folder(s) are unflagged. Kind of like having the new photos stacked up on the coffee table for viewing later. And after viewing, automatically archive them - in the same folders.

I didn't want to futz with composing slide shows - I tried that - too tedious. So I just upload photos from the camera to a folder who's name is the theme, like "Joe's Birthday 1/05" or whatever - and the folder name is automatically added to the menu on the TV screen, flagged if there are new, unseen photos in it.

So I wrote this in VB6 code. It's part of my overall TV menu system, along with TV show listings, caller ID history, weather, traffic and webcams around the world.

The idea in all of this is to use only the TV remote - no touch-a de PC keyboard.

Comment

I have to create slide shows for work and use the following.

http://albumcreator.firmtools.com/

It is quick and easy for the end user.

Comment

Thanks as always for all the great help and suggestions. I am starting to look at all these and see which ones meet my goals (and of course make WAF go up)

Thanks again.

Comment

One more...

http://www.inalbum.com/

Comment

Working...
                X