No announcement yet.

HS4 Migration from Windows to Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally here with first RPi version of Homeseer 3 (Linux) moved it to Ubuntu Linux first day of use. It ran great and never went back to using the RPi for Homeseer.

I do have a few RPi's around the house today. IE: RPi's used for NOAA satellite maps downloader, Lightning sensor, Nut servers (for UPSs) and ZNet like RPi in the attic.

Here using a Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb RAM / i5 purchased refurbished (looks new to me) with new Windows 10 Pro on it for less than $100 USD plus shipping.

Homeseer is running in Ubuntu and a Windows VB here. Home Assistant in another VB.

I am still in the process of migration here. I have been doing this same stuff with the HS3 server.

Migration of Home Assistant and HS4 to new hardware-OS

- Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete

Likewise I gave up on RPi after trying the most powerful version (RPi4) with most RAM (8GB) . Can you please share what hardware and what particular version of OS (Linux flavor) do you use for running HS4 with reasonable speed. I don't want to reinvent the wheel. I'll appreciate it if you share your experience. I have about 2000 devices and 1000 events in HS4 plus half dozen plug-ins.

Comment

Working...
      X