Best Zwave Wall Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Zwave Wall Plugin

Looking for a replacement for a Fibaro wall plug in that died after 1.5 years. What are you guys using with good results? Don't need anything fancy, just turning a small cat water fountain on & off.

Do you want a hardwired outlet or a plug-in module?
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
      Do you want a hardwired outlet or a plug-in module?
      Plugin as it's a gfi receptacle in a bathroom.

Comment

https://minoston.com/z-wave-plug/
        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

I just bought 3 of the Neo Z-Wave plugs off Amazon. So far they work fine. I did go in and disable power-monitoring since I dont need it.

NEO Z-Wave Plus Smart Mini Power Plug Zwave Socket Zwave Outlet With Timing and Energy Monitoring Home Automation, Work with Wink, SmartThings, Vera, Fibaro & more, Green&Blue 2PK - - Amazon.com
          HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
          67 Z-Wave Nodes, 111 Events, 422 Devices
          Z-Wave, UPB, WiFi
          Plugins: EasyTrigger, weatherXML, OMNI, Z-Wave, Tuya, Device History
          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Giving one a try.
            Minoston Z-Wave Plug 700 Plug-in Outlet Built-in Repeater Range Extender, Z-Wave Hub Required, Alexa and Google Assistant Compatible(MP31Z)​

Comment

I have about a half-dozen of these, and their Zooz variants. If you buy the Minoston plugs, I strongly recommend first updating the plug's firmware by downloading it from Minoston and using Z-Flash on a Windows 10 machine to update the plug before adding it to your HS installation. Turn off your production HS machine first, to kill all other Z-Wave traffic, before using Z-Flash. Exclude the plug from the Z-Flash interface after flashing firmware. The Minoston version 1.0 firmware is buggy and has trouble with routing. It won't properly optimize. This is fixed in version 1.10. After upgrading, the plugs work fine. They often go on sale on Amazon.

I can't recall the details, but I had a very aggravating experience with the Zooz version plug, and Zooz was very uncooperative getting it replaced. They wanted me to take videos of the plug's LED, provide logs, and on and on, and ship the plug back to them for analysis... not worth the cost of shipping. I would not recommend buying the Zooz plugs.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveW View Post

I have about a half-dozen of these, and their Zooz variants. If you buy the Minoston plugs, I strongly recommend first updating the plug's firmware by downloading it from Minoston and using Z-Flash on a Windows 10 machine to update the plug before adding it to your HS installation. Turn off your production HS machine first, to kill all other Z-Wave traffic, before using Z-Flash. Exclude the plug from the Z-Flash interface after flashing firmware. The Minoston version 1.0 firmware is buggy and has trouble with routing. It won't properly optimize. This is fixed in version 1.10. After upgrading, the plugs work fine. They often go on sale on Amazon.

I can't recall the details, but I had a very aggravating experience with the Zooz version plug, and Zooz was very uncooperative getting it replaced. They wanted me to take videos of the plug's LED, provide logs, and on and on, and ship the plug back to them for analysis... not worth the cost of shipping. I would not recommend buying the Zooz plugs.
                I checked. No updated firmware for the model I purchased at the moment. The dimmer & power monitoring versions show firmware updates available, not the on/off plug version.

Comment

Fibraro plug brought back to life by factory reset. Will see how long it lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by shennecke View Post

I checked. No updated firmware for the model I purchased at the moment. The dimmer & power monitoring versions show firmware updates available, not the on/off plug version.
                    The plugs we've been discussing here are the MP31x series, with the 700-series Z-Wave SOCs. I wouldn't buy their older products at this point. Yes, they do have updated firmware.

https://minoston.com/download-indoor...ug-2/?swcfpc=1

Comment

The plugs we've been discussing here are the MP31x series, with the 700-series Z-Wave SOCs. I wouldn't buy their older products at this point. Yes, they do have updated firmware.

https://minoston.com/download-indoor...ug-2/?swcfpc=1
                      Bought mp31z, 700 series. mp31d & mp31p have firmware upgrades available but not the mp31z.

Comment

Bought mp31z, 700 series. mp31d & mp31p have firmware upgrades available but not the mp31z.
                        Contact Minoston support via their website, and they will sort it out for you. The current firmware is version 1.10 for Minoston and 1.20 for Zooz. You can see the firmware level on Plugins-->Z-Wave-->Device Information (for the Z-Wave plugin version 4.x).

Edit: the firmware for the power-monitoring variants runs on the non-power-monitoring variants. It'll display bogus power measurements, but is otherwise the same firmware.

Attached Files

Comment

Sent them an email about newer firmware for the MP31Z. So far the only thing I can say about this device is inclusion into my network was slow and the signal strength is the lowest of any device in my network currently.

Comment

Sent them an email about newer firmware for the MP31Z. So far the only thing I can say about this device is inclusion into my network was slow and the signal strength is the lowest of any device in my network currently.
                            This was discussed earlier. That is a bug that was fixed in their 1.10 firmware. If you don't hear from them, just install the firmware I linked above. It works.

Comment

This was discussed earlier. That is a bug that was fixed in their 1.10 firmware. If you don't hear from them, just install the firmware I linked above. It works.
                              Tried the firmware update for the "P" type. Update failed.

Update: firmware did update even though it showed failed during upload.

Comment

Working...
                              X