Schlage Z-wave lock recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schlage Z-wave lock recommendation

for some reason, I can't find the right Schlage z wave lock . . . I'm looking for the push button model if possible. House current has Schlage dead bolts so looking for a direct replacement. Lowes and Home Depot didn't know what I wanted and kept giving me the wireless info which is not what I want of course. Will be integrating into HS Linux with z-wave. tnx

I don’t really know what you mean by the “push button” model. I think they all are membrane touchpads, for Z-Wave. The mechanical buttons are only on non-connected models, I think. Amazon search.

We have 5 of these. Available in classic or contemporary styles and 3-4 finishes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.2 KB ID:	1590888
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

For some reason they seem to be out of stock online, but - https://www.homedepot.com/p/Schlage-...-619/205106708
      -Skybolt

Comment

Most Schalge Z-wave deadbolts sold today are touch keypads. They did at one time make some push button models, some might be still available via distributors.

Your statement is confusing, you say you prefer a push button model, then you say "House current has Schlage dead bolts so looking for a direct replacement".

So are you trying to match the current models you have (if so, what model are they) or are you looking for a push button model that happens to be a Schalge?

Comment

I have these and they work great.
          https://www.amazon.com/Schlage-BE469...s%2C103&sr=8-2
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I suppose the OP needs to weigh in on finish and style. There is one like the Home Depot link above on eBay.

Home Depot is out of stock, Amazon doesn’t list it and Lowes is out of stock. Amazon has the BE469ZP (Z-Wave plus) in stock. That is the model I have and is the same finish. I think the one linked on Home Depot is the older (non Z-Wave plus) version.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Let's confuse this some more. I have a Kwikset that's push button z-wave that works great, I also have a Yale keypad style that works just as well. AFAIK both are still available.

Comment

This is what I'm looking for in Z Wave:

Comment

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Schlage-...-ACC/302939617

Comment

I had a feeling that's what you were looking for when you said the push button model. They used to make a Z-wave version of that but it's been discontinued, you can only get the electronic version with no connectivity (like you linked to).

For Z-wave you want the Schalge Connect models, they will come in the same finishes as the other Schalge models but will have an illuminated keypad instead of push buttons.

I've used Build dot com for over a decade, their customer service is top notch and they'll meet/beat any legitimate price on things they carry. They will also do special requests like key-alike all the locks in a multi-lock order. That's what I did with all my Schlage Connect locks when I installed three on exterior doors, had them all keyed alike straight from the distributor so i don't have to carry multiple keys as a backup.

Schlage FBE469CAMZPACC716 Connect Camelot Touchscreen | Build.com

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

I had a feeling that's what you were looking for when you said the push button model. They used to make a Z-wave version of that but it's been discontinued, you can only get the electronic version with no connectivity (like you linked to).

For Z-wave you want the Schalge Connect models, they will come in the same finishes as the other Schalge models but will have an illuminated keypad instead of push buttons.

I've used Build dot com for over a decade, their customer service is top notch and they'll meet/beat any legitimate price on things they carry. They will also do special requests like key-alike all the locks in a multi-lock order. That's what I did with all my Schlage Connect locks when I installed three on exterior doors, had them all keyed alike straight from the distributor so i don't have to carry multiple keys as a backup.

Schlage FBE469CAMZPACC716 Connect Camelot Touchscreen | Build.com
                      Yep that will do it. Thanks!

Comment

i have the same units as Rupp -- they work perfectly... and they even will tell you via HS when the batteries are running low...

Comment

The old Schlage BE369s (I believe that was the model) Zwave locks had push buttons, but no motorized deadbolt. After keying in the code, the user would twist a knob to lock or unlock. They were "not so smart" smart locks as they could not lock or unlock on their own. They were also a little limiting, since remote unlocking was ineffective unless someone was there to twist that knob.

I had them on my doors, but upgraded to the BE469s when they came out since I wanted that remote locking/unlocking capability.

Comment

Well, to complicate things even more, they may not work "perfectly" with the Z-Wave v4.1.0.3 Beta:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	138
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	1590996

Views:	145
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	1590994

Views:	136
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	1590995

This means you cant configure an event to trigger off a change at the lock (pin code entered, lock, unlock, etc.)

When I roll back to the Z-Wave plugin v3.0.10.0, everything works "perfectly"
                            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I have the same lock. Never seen that error and I am running the ZWave beta. I have other problems with it; I have to make sure there isn’t much ZWave traffic going on when locking or unlocking.

Comment

Working...
                              X