No announcement yet.

Schlage Z-wave lock recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I already bought that first one; it's on my desk. The piece is taller than the one that came with my lock and holes are further apart. I would have had to router to make it fit. Holes on the first one are 2-1/8" center to center, mine is 1-5/8" center to center.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
      I already bought that first one; it's on my desk. The piece is taller than the one that came with my lock and holes are further apart. I would have had to router to make it fit. Holes on the first one are 2-1/8" center to center, mine is 1-5/8" center to center.
      Understood, if you're retro-fitting with minimal fuss then the hole spacing should match. Randy and I were just commenting on overall design.

Comment

I also have the Schlage BE469. I got it working on my system, but I feel like the HS end leaves a lot to be desired. It's been a while, but I had a hell of a time getting it added to my system. I believe I had to go the non-secured route and even then it took a lot of fussing.

I had a little snafu with my system and need to re-add it, and am not looking forward to it. I have BLLock installed now, but I can't remember if this is how I did it before. I am leaning towards not. I'm hoping it goes better this time around.

Comment

When I had to include my locks, I temporarily removed them from the doors (easy to do if you don't have to remove the lock bolt), and placed them about five feet from the ZWave module (not too close though). Included on the first try.

Don't forget to exclude before doing the include!

Comment

Adding these locks is an easy task if you have it close to your Z-Wave interface. I bought a 50 ft USB extension cord to add my older and battery operated devices and that makes live so much easier.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
            X