Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Email a device value in an event..... I know, but I am a Newbie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email a device value in an event..... I know, but I am a Newbie!

I am really sorry for this question, but I just can't figure it out. How do you email a device value through an event? I can send the email, but I cannot get the value to go through. It either says:

"Garage Frig is $$DXX186): That's too warm! "
    Or "Garage Frig is Device Not Found That's too warm!"
    Or "Garage Frig is -1 That's too warm!"

The "XX" above is either VA, VC, VR. I even tried SA, SC & SR.

My assumption is that I am supposed to use the Child ID number as the A, C or R? See attached photo.

Apologies again for this simple question. I did search this forum (HS4 Event & HS4 Scripting) for an example but I think everyone is farther along than me so I didn't find anything helpful.....

I feel I am close, but just missing something very basic.... Any assistance would be appreciated!

Try it without the parentheses, $$DVR:186:

Comment

No parentheses is the answer. Here is a page from HS3 help. These are still the same in HS4.

Example

hs.Speak "The time is $$time"

Results in (at 11AM): "The time is 11:00 AM"

”The "XX" above is either VA, VC, VR. I even tried SA, SC & SR.”
      The first X
      V=Value
      S=Status
      T=String

The second X
      A=Address
      C=Code
      R=RefID. This is the best, using the device’s reference number

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by Kevb View Post
        Sorry, that is just quotes for what the texts say when they show up. See below. I should have included that inintially.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CountryPlace View Post

Sorry, that is just quotes for what the texts say when they show up. See below. I should have included that inintially.
          Did you even read the previous 2 posts?
          They gave you the answer. Parentheses not quotes.

Comment

No! Like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture1.png Views:	0 Size:	5.8 KB ID:	1592519

That is the Status of device reference 5331

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture.png Views:	0 Size:	71.1 KB ID:	1592518

Comment

Originally posted by Demusman View Post

Did you even read the previous 2 posts?
              They gave you the answer. Parentheses not quotes.
              JEEZ! Did you fall out of the wrong side of the bed this morning? Bring it down a knotch or two. I misread the first one and the second one had not posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevb View Post

Originally posted by randy View Post
                No! Like this:.....
                SORRY! I read parenthesis and thought "". Blame it on no coffee (yet) this morning. No "()". That was the key! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Comment

Terms:
                  Device is the reference number of the device and can be found by going to “Devices” and noting the value in parenthesis next to the device name. The reference number does not contain the parenthesis, i.e. it would be 999, not (999).
                  Value is the value held by the device, perhaps 0 for OFF, 100 for ON, 10 for a cold day, 93.57 for a hot day. The value may be associated with a prefix or suffix. Again, it does not include the parenthesis.
                  Text is the string held by the device such as “Hall Light On”, “Hall Light Off”, etc. HTML used in the status line will cause problems with spoken text.
                  Address is mostly deprecated (IMHO), but some people may still use it if they have X10 devices.
                  Code is an extension of the address. The full address seen by Homeseer is <address>-<code>. Therefore it seems sensible to use this capability with Z-Wave. The network ID is used for the address and the code can be incremented as z-wave devices are included. (Code definition courtesy in large part from Jon00)
                  I understand that the above two, Address and Code, are available on the HS3 Device List page, but I’m not sure if it will be continued into the next version of HS4 or not.
                  All of the below take the form $$XXX:[identifier]: where $$ and the two colons are required and no brackets are permitted, i.e., $$DVR:1234:
                  The following will NOT work:
                  DVR:1234
                  DVR(1234)
                  DVR1234):
                  Identifies device using the Address Identifies device using the Code Identifies device using the Reference Number
                  Substitutes Device Value for variable. DVA DVC DVR
                  Substitutes Device Status for variable. DSA DSC DSR
                  Substitutes Device Text for variable. DTA DTC DTR
                  One can get by fine without the shaded areas.
                  HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                  Home Assistant 2024.3
                  Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                  Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                  Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                  WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                  AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by CountryPlace View Post

JEEZ! Did you fall out of the wrong side of the bed this morning? Bring it down a knotch or two. I misread the first one and the second one had not posted.
                    Boy, someone's sensitive.
                    Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.
                    If you read it again, I bet you'll see there was nothing hurtful about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
                      Terms:......
                      SUPER helpful! Thank you. I wish the HST Help pages were as well written. They are probably written for programmers, not Newbies! Thanks again!!

Comment

The HS3 Help is better than HS4 help, it is not great but better and has a chart on replacement variables.

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
                          The HS3 Help is better than HS4 help, it is not great but better and has a chart on replacement variables.
                          Thanks Randy. I actually did come across that and did not know the parentheses were not needed.... I should have figured that out but, being a NOOB, I didn't know what I was looking at. Now I know! Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                          X