Local Login of RDP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local Login of RDP

My HTPC in the theater room is usually accessed via RDP on my study desktop PC. When I want to start a movie from the study for it to play on the HTPC downstairs, I can just click a button in MainLobby (DVDLobby) to initiate the movie sequence and warm up the projector.

But, when I get in the theater room, I still have to log in locally at the HTPC so the movie (desktop) is playing via the VGA output.

Is there a command that I can send the HTPC that will login local at the console so that when I go downstairs, it's already logged in and playing?

I have the HTPC setup with TweekUI to autologin with password on boot, and then RDP from the study with same login and password.

EDIT: searched around a bit and found this which I will try:
    %windir%\System32\tscon.exe 0 /dest:console
    I will try to use MainLobby to have the HTPC run this command.

Edit: cool. This worked:
    MLServeCmd.MLRedirect|HTPC1::5004::MLServeCmd.MLFileOpen|"c: \windows\System32\tscon.exe"~ 0 /dest:console
    Last edited by ; February 19, 2005, 09:40 PM.

Try creating an command line icon with the following target:

%windir%\System32\tscon.exe 0 /dest:console

Then when you want to end the RD just click on the icon. It will then login the console.

John
    Attached Files
    John

Comment

Thanx John,
      Using the command I posted at the bottom of my original post, I can now add the command to a script to automate the console login, or execute it from whatever client I am using. Thanx!

Comment

Working...
      X