Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kenm
    replied
    It's something I've been thinking about as well. There's one area that a panel just won't fit well horizontally but I'm looking at mounting it vertically. I've always wanted a small, reconfigurable touchscreen about the size of a light switch and the Sonoff Pro almost fits that requirement.

What is it you don't like about the NSPanel Pro? I know the price is about the same as a FireHD so there's more value with the HD, but what features of the HD would you use for a touchscreen that the Pro doesn't have?

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    Originally posted by kenm View Post

She said for that price I could almost buy one of those "panel thingies"
    I've been called worse by my wife...

And I agree with her thinking, I would rather put a small touchscreen panel on the wall instead of a hardware scene controller. A touch panel is infinitely reconfigurable for soft buttons, the drawback is that you don't get the tactile feedback of a real button.

I know you like playing with the Sonoff Pro, but I think it's a waste. For the same money one can get a similar size or larger FireHD panel. The sonoff is almost like a solution looking for a problem that doesn't exist.

Leave a comment:

• kenm
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevb View Post

I think it's just the faceplate, not the whole switch. You could likely do it without pulling it out of the wall.
    Here's a link to the video on how to change out the faceplate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZEgxWRsFiQ

Leave a comment:

• kenm
    replied
    My wife gave me her answer rather quickly, and while she is sometimes hard to read, I think "HELL NO" was pretty clear. Her logic was the beauty of the multi-button is they can be re-programmed with HS events to do different things at different times of the year or if a room layout changes. He input was she'd prefer the labelling to be on the wall plate which would make it easier to change out.

$37.95 + $39 = $76.95

She said for that price I could almost buy one of those "panel thingies" I've been playing around with. Yes, her words, and she's talking about the Sonoff NSPanel Pro running HSTile.

Leave a comment:

• Kevb
    replied
    Originally posted by ecetron View Post
    i thought about it, but do I really want to pull out all the units i have already installed?
    I think it's just the faceplate, not the whole switch. You could likely do it without pulling it out of the wall.

Leave a comment:

• ecetron
    replied
    i thought about it, but do I really want to pull out all the units i have already installed?

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    Originally posted by Wade View Post
    Or for the price of about 8 (plus cost of replacements for goofs) you can DIY your own.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...qh_dp_hza?th=1
    I actually thought about that, the issue is that different plastics react differently to different laser light wavelengths. One has to have the right combination of materials, laser light, and power in order to get a clean engraving.

If I had enough time to play/experiment I would definitely go that route and possbly offer it as a service like these folks have.

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied
    Or for the price of about 8 (plus cost of replacements for goofs) you can DIY your own.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...qh_dp_hza?th=1

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    If it helps, I got a special coupon code for engravings from Zooz/SmartestHouse:

CUSTOM ENGRAVING
    FOR YOUR SWITCHES AND SCENE CONTROLLERS
    Our friends at Domotinc-Customs now offer customization options for your Zooz wall switches, dimmers, and scene controllers. AND they're running an exclusive promotion to celebrate this new partnership

Buy any 3 custom etch faceplates and get the 4th one for free! Use coupon GET1FREE at checkout. One coupon per customer, offer expires on March 22.
    OR: get 25% OFF when you buy 6 or more Zooz custom etch faceplates. No coupon needed here and no expiration.
    Offers cannot be combined.

Leave a comment:

• kenm
    replied
    For someone who's tried (and been rejected) several ZEN32 labelling options this looks very tempting but the price seems a bit steep. I'll run it by the wife/accountant and report back.

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    started a topic Zooz Zen32 Custom-Etched buttons

Zooz Zen32 Custom-Etched buttons

For those who like multi-button wall controllers...

Zooz Zen32 Custom-Etched buttons – Domotinc-customs

While not inexpensive, certainly increases the WAF.... which can be priceless.
Working...
X