Status graphic is not shown

Hello,

I am trying to setup graphics for different temperatures:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-02-23 22_54_39-Home automation Heubergau - AnyDesk.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1594784

It was about 20 degrees C and the correct icon was shown. Temperature dropped down to 19,9 C there was no image ( just the black " no image icon").

Name:	2023-02-23 22_54_55-Home automation Heubergau - AnyDesk.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	1594785

Anyone has an idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Cornelis

Does the device value possibly have more than 1 decimal place? If, for example, the temperature value is 19.95, there is no applicable graphic.
    -Wade

Comment

I notice you use a comma for decimal delimiter, but the values for graphics use a period. The device value uses a comma. Is it just an inconsistency in how HomeSeer deals with the decimal delimiter, or do you need to reenter the values? If the values have to be entered with a decimal point in the Device, this looks like a regionalization bug.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Wade only 1 decimal is shown on the HS4 page:

Name:	2023-02-24 11_59_26-Home automation Heubergau - AnyDesk.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	1594885
        This is a screenshot from just now , where the icon is shown correctly.

Yesterday , with 19,9 C the " no image" icon was shown. and I was expecting the orange ball with thermometer in it like in the picture below.
        I noticed the 19,9 is just at the end of the range:

Name:	2023-02-23 22_54_55-Home automation Heubergau - AnyDesk.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	1594886

Name:	2023-02-23 22_54_39-Home automation Heubergau - AnyDesk.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1594887

Originally posted by randy View Post
        I notice you use a comma for decimal delimiter, but the values for graphics use a period. The device value uses a comma. Is it just an inconsistency in how HomeSeer deals with the decimal delimiter, or do you need to reenter the values? If the values have to be entered with a decimal point in the Device, this looks like a regionalization bug.

Last weekI was trying change al the ranges and icons.
        The list above shows everythong with a dor for example 5 untill 5.9
        But I have to insert them ( new range) with a comma 5 untill 5,9

I just tried again with a new range; "new range graphic" >> automatically 0 untill1 was inserted . when I changed it to 0 and 4.9 (dot) and saved it , it was saved as 0 untill 49 ( no dot , no comma).
        When I edit and enter 0 and 4,9 (comma) it is saved as 4.9 ?

But untill yesterday when it was 19,9 dgrees , all was fine , and now it looks fine as well with 16,9 degrees. I just don't understand it.

My regional settings are Austria (Europe) in windows 10
        and in the lattitude-longitude I have inserted the coordinates of my house.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
        Cornelis
        Attached Files

Comment

It's a long shot, but extra decimal place(s) in the device value could still explain your situation since the status can be set to 1 decimal place while the actual stored value has 2 or more. Easy to rule out by checking the device value on the status/graphics page next time the graphic isn't displayed as expected. Or otherwise confirm your physical device only reports 1 decimal place.
          -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post
            It's a long shot, but extra decimal place(s) in the device value could still explain your situation since the status can be set to 1 decimal place while the actual stored value has 2 or more. Easy to rule out by checking the device value on the status/graphics page next time the graphic isn't displayed as expected. Or otherwise confirm your physical device only reports 1 decimal place.
            Here's an example from my system. In this case the status/graphics pairs were created by a plugin and run out to 6 decimal places to address the potential issue I'm describing.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	124.3 KB ID:	1594921
            -Wade

Comment

Hi Wade,

When I deleted the range pairs i noticed as well many digits behind the comma/dot.

But only 1 digit after the dot/comma is shown on the "main" gui, that is why I thought one digit behind the comma is good enough.

You are saying I should as well put 5 digits behind the dot/comma for the ranges?

Thanks,
              Cornnelis

Comment

You should be able to look at the actual value at the bottom of the status/graphics page to see the precision applied. Here my value only has a single decimal, but the pairs go out to 8.

Name:	image.png
Views:	104
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	1594942

Here is one where there is 3 decimal precision. In either case the S/G pairs going out to 8 digits covers it.

Views:	93
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	1594943

Comment

Originally posted by Corvl1 View Post
                  Hi Wade,

When I deleted the range pairs i noticed as well many digits behind the comma/dot.

But only 1 digit after the dot/comma is shown on the "main" gui, that is why I thought one digit behind the comma is good enough.

You are saying I should as well put 5 digits behind the dot/comma for the ranges?

Thanks,
                  Cornnelis
                  Not necessarily 5 digits, but that's likely a safe number.
                  -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Corvl1 View Post
                    Hi Wade,

Thanks,
                    Cornnelis
                    If you look at the advanced settings you can answer. Here the “main” view has one digit (125.9) but the value has 4 (125.9375). Triggers and Conditions are based on value.

Views:	91
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	1594981

Comment

That previous one is working fine now.

I would expect , that works with every device ......NOT!!

I have here an Everspring ST814 Temperature and humidity sensor.
                      Unable to change - delete ranges. Accidentaly I changed a range somewhere in the middle , which is now the last range (1278 ....15) , it read 12.78 till 18.33...... but I can not insert the dot or comma anymore.
                      Initially I wanted to delete all ranges and insert more appropriate ranges , but they even don't want to be deleted.

Name:	2023-02-27 10_31_57-Home automation Heubergau - AnyDesk.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	1595396

Legacy pages I get this:

Name:	2023-02-27 10_38_19-Home automation Heubergau - AnyDesk.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	1595397

And Jon00 graphic editor also nada: