Cancel Delayed Device Action Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancel Delayed Device Action Issue

have and event that gets triggered at 2am under certain conditions. You can see that it actually get executed here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	event1.png
Views:	143
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	1595475

Here is the actual event. I took some of the other OR IFs as it just gets triggered on what is in the red box. Plus from above we see that it gets triggered. What the event is doing is
    1) Remove a delayed device action for device "Summer Season" that I set in step 3)
    2) I set the "Summer Season" device to Off.
    3) Now I set a delayed device action to set "Summer Season" to on. This will execute 1 day and 5 minutes later, i.e. after this event gets executed again at 2am

Name:	event2.png
Views:	121
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	1595478

The delayed device action can be seen here. Today is 2/27/23. So this delayed device will set "Summer Season" to on unless my event is being executed again on 2/28/23 and therefore removed that delayed device action.

Name:	event3.png
Views:	122
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	1595477

BUT my device "Summer Season" is actually On. Here it can be seen it was set to on at 2:05am this morning. So despite the fact that my event was executed this morning at 2am, which should have removed the delayed device action, it still got turned on. So what am I doing wrong?

Name:	device1.png
Views:	118
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	1595476
    Attached Files

Can you show the entire event please?

Thanks!

Comment

EDIT: I just realized what is wrong. You are cancelling a Delayed Device Action for the Parent Device, Where it should be Summer Season Control.

Disregard the below instructions. While valid they do not apply to this situation.

I agree that we need to see the entire events. Your screenshots show an additional OR IF statement but we have no idea what the triggers and conditions are. Neither of those would explain why a Delayed Device Action is not deleted when an Event runs, but that is easy to diagnose.
      • Manually run your Event.
      • See if there is a Delayed Device Action for Summer Season Control set for tomorrow 5 minutes later.
      • If it is there run it again and see if there is only one Summer Season Control Delayed Device Action in the queue and is now tomorrow five minutes later than the second time you ran it.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
        EDIT: I just realized what is wrong. You are cancelling a Delayed Device Action for the Parent Device, Where it should be Summer Season Control.

<snip>
        Ah, I think that's it. I will see what happens tomorrow. The reason I didn't realize this is because I searched for "Summer" and that only showed the name of the parent (the feature doesn't have the name "Summer" in its name).

Comment

Hi --
          I'm having a similar issue with cancelling a delayed event action. I submitted a bug ticket, but the response was to post it here -- so here it goes.
          Cancelling a device action isn't working.

I'm trying to cancel a device action in the following use case:
          My lights will dim as a delayed event at a predetermined time -- let's say 9pm. However, If i turn off the light the delayed event will turn it back on and dim as instructed. I set up a routine that detects if the light was turned off, and therefore delete/cancel the delayed event for that device.

The example below is a very basic test - checking if a light was turned off before a delayed event turns it off. It simply doesn't work. I've also noticed that delayed device actions only list the control (switch name) and am wondering if there's a better way of identifying what device is actually being delayed. thanks

THE DELAYED ACTION EVENT IN THE DELAYED ACTIONS GROUP

Name:	DELAY1.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	1609971

TRIGGER TO DELETE / CANCEL THE DELAYED ACTION ABOVE.

Name:	DELAY2.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	1609972

Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by Airtog View Post
            Hi --
            I'm having a similar issue with cancelling a delayed event action. I submitted a bug ticket, but the response was to post it here -- so here it goes.
            Cancelling a device action isn't working.

I'm trying to cancel a device action in the following use case:
            My lights will dim as a delayed event at a predetermined time -- let's say 9pm. However, If i turn off the light the delayed event will turn it back on and dim as instructed. I set up a routine that detects if the light was turned off, and therefore delete/cancel the delayed event for that device.

The example below is a very basic test - checking if a light was turned off before a delayed event turns it off. It simply doesn't work. I've also noticed that delayed device actions only list the control (switch name) and am wondering if there's a better way of identifying what device is actually being delayed. thanks

THE DELAYED ACTION EVENT IN THE DELAYED ACTIONS GROUP
            Click image for larger version  Name:	DELAY1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	17.2 KB ID:	1609971

TRIGGER TO DELETE / CANCEL THE DELAYED ACTION ABOVE.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	DELAY2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.8 KB ID:	1609972

Thanks !
            See my reply to your other thread with the same question, or look to post Blogs above.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
            X