Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMAZON FIRE TABLET USERS: How To Set Fixed IP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kenm View Post
    I think it depends upon the generation of the Fire tablet since the Gen7 HD10s I have do not have static IP settings. DHCP address reservation is the only option for those.
    I am using a few fire tablets here all setup with static addresses, 6", 8", and 4 10"
    I had to think a while about my 2 Gen7 tablets, after refreshing myself about what I did to them, been a while, for those...
    When you go to wifi setup, long press on your connected wifi SSID and then select modify from the popup menu that appears, from there you can change to static and enter your settings.

Comment

Bob, when I enter the static setting the only thing I change is the ip address, the gateway and dns will be filled with setting from dhcp which would be the same, after entering your ip keep hitting return untill keyboard disappears and then select save.
      You said your settings didn't work? Did it not actually connect? I ask because I did notice fire tablets will connect but show no internet the first time changing to static, a reboot and all is good.
      I hope this works for you
      John

Comment

Holy crap! That's about as user unfriendly as it could possibly be.

Thanks lj502
        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
        X