HS 4 stops working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS 4 stops working

Hello, My HS 4 stops working and it tells me this warning. EXCEPTION CODE e0434352. does anyone know how to fix this?

Comment

Is there anything in the log? You might have to look in the homeseer folder under logs...
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
      Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
      weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

That is a Microsoft generated exception. Assuming that there was nothing when you searched online and if there is nothing in the HomeSeer log, it is going to be difficult to find. What hardware is running HS4?

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

homeseer controller it's running windows 7 that it came with

Comment

Originally posted by iceman steveo View Post
            homeseer controller it's running windows 7 that it came with
            That may be difficult since Windows 7 reached end of life in January 2020 and is no longer supported. If you can try reinstalling HS4 as a first step. Since that HomeTroller uses Windows 7 embedded IIRC, there was no free upgrade path to Windows 10, so you might have to purchase Windows 10 and install it. You can contact support@homeseer.com and see if they have any upgrade path.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I had Win7 and needed to upgrade to Win10. Check eBay, there are numerous vendors selling Win10 with legitimate activation keys. Probably in the $30-$40 range.

Comment

That is a general .NET exception code. There should have been another error logged just before that one that should provide additional information. In any case, something is amiss with .NET on your system.
                "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

What kenm said. Personally, I'd try updating my .Net framework. If that didn't work, I'd cut my losses and move to W10. You are probably in .dll hell and there isn't any easy way out... since it can be unclear whether you need to go back or forward in version individually with any and all of the software affected.
                  HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                  Home Assistant 2024.3
                  Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                  Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                  Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                  WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                  AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Working...
                  X