Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do I Copy Files to Hometroller PI Hub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do I Copy Files to Hometroller PI Hub?

I have logged on to my PI Hub via WinSCP, however my hub keeps telling me that I do not have permissions to copy files to the Hub. I am trying to add status images. It seems I need the root access credentials to be able to copy files to the Hub. Has anyone else run into this issue and is there a solution?

When you copy using WinSCP, you can put them in your /home/homeseer folder.
    Then, login using PuTTY and sudo copy them to the /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/images folder.

You could also change the directory permissions on that folder and you'll be set for future copies.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

You can also grant root ssh access so you can just SCP in as root.

Comment

rmasonjr Demusman I am new at SSH and SCP, and was playing around with both Putty and WinSCP a few nights ago. I could not figure out how to change the permissions. I think the command I was using was CHMOD but I could not figure out the proper syntax and the help file was no help to me. Could either of you point me in the right direction and/or send me a an example with the proper syntax? Thank you for your help!

Comment

I just tried it here and it is:

Code:
          cd /usr/local/HomeSeer/html
          sudo chmod 777 images
          Now, that only changes the "images" folder, not the subfolders. So, you'll have to change them recursively, or just those that you need.

HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by chad611 View Post
            rmasonjr Demusman I am new at SSH and SCP, and was playing around with both Putty and WinSCP a few nights ago. I could not figure out how to change the permissions. I think the command I was using was CHMOD but I could not figure out the proper syntax and the help file was no help to me. Could either of you point me in the right direction and/or send me a an example with the proper syntax? Thank you for your help!
            You can do it right from WinSCP. Just right click and select Properties.
            Of course that only works if you're logged in as root.

Comment

rmasonjr that worked perfectly! I did not know about the sudo command first, which, evidently, allows me to modify those files without begin logged in as root. Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
              X