X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete
    replied
    @mula

How many changes will you lose going to last good back up? Personally here (in Linux) back up entire Homeseer directory.

Here just looked and I am still on HS 4.2.17.2 and still do manual updating here.

1 - stop HS
    2 - back up HS directory
    3 - update via command line
    4 - copy a few custom files to new HA
    5 - run it manually to test and watch logging
    6 - shut it down and restart HS via service.

It is more time consuming to do it this way but I can always return to previous running HS by restoring copied directory.

Note this is in Linux. I did do this with Homeseer 2 in Windows many many years ago.

Leave a comment:

• mulu
    replied
    BobSpen apparently that also works for HS4. HS4 actually shut down "properly" and didn't crash. There are regular log entries (in brown color)

"HomeSeer Warning Request from UI to shutdown​"

HS4 then properly shuts down and 20s later starts again (I have the automatic restart service running which probably initiates the restart of HS). Having said that, I certainly did not request any shutdowns (except when the new version was installed because the installer wasn't able to shut down HS4). I am not sure where that is coming from. I stopped for the last few hours. I will see if it comes back tomorrow.

Pete I have the built-in backup enabled with backups running every day at 3am and with max 15 backups. So I tried to do a restore but couldn't select anything past 15. Feb 2023. I then realized that at the bottom it says "Last Backup: 2/15/23 12:26:51 PM". First it is not at 3am and second I have no clue why HS suddenly decided not to do any backups anymore (Auto Local Backup is enabled). That's pretty concerning to say the least considering that HS still has issues with losing all events, etc...

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Do you have a back up of previous version of Homeseer and can you restore it?

Leave a comment:

• BobSpen
    replied
    IF SIMILAR TO HS3: You can see the Log before the crash by setting the "start" date a day before the crash and using the Filter.

Leave a comment:

• mulu
    started a topic HS 4.2.18.0 Keeps Rebooting

HS 4.2.18.0 Keeps Rebooting

Today HS4 out of the blue checked for an update. At first I was hesitant but then did install it. Since then HS4 keeps crashing pretty much exactly every 3 minutes. I suspect HS4 asked me for an update because it was crashing and then restarted. I am saying that just to NOT exclude the possibility that this doesn't have anything to do with 4.2.18.0.

I don't see anything in the log because the log only shows me entries since start up. So I don't know what happened before.

I checked the Windows event viewer and saw that at the same time OpenSprinkler crashed. So I turned off that plugin but HS4 still keeps on crashing. Hence, it's unlikely OpenSprinkler causes HS4 to crash but instead OpenSprinkler crashes because HS4 crashes.

Has anyone else experienced this or has any clue what might be causing this. I haven't done anything to HS4 since yesterday and this behavior just showed up this afternoon.
Working...
X