AI (Chat GPT API) control of home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AI (Chat GPT API) control of home

Anyone who tried voice control using Apple's home or Google's home or HS4 native voice control knows very well how limited they are by function. You must create exact phrases that you need to memorize. The slightest deviation will result in "sorry I ddidn.t get it".
    AI on the other hand is capable of understanding broader commands and if it doesn't than will ask follow up questions.
    Fortunately Chat-GPT AI does offer API to integrate it in various scenarios, It is paid API but price is targeting commercial applications with millions of hits. For few hunred uses I bet it will be pennies.
    It is not a simple thing to do but doable. Don't take my word for it. Ask Chat-GPT.
    Any takers ?

Not even close. Answers are purely random, false , and lack specification for now.
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

There are few names on this forum that have great expertise, worked on alexa already and could perhaps integrate with gpt. In my opinion it does a great job, better than alexa which as stated misses most of it if not phased correctly.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by alphatech View Post
          There are few names on this forum that have great expertise, worked on alexa already and could perhaps integrate with gpt. In my opinion it does a great job, better than alexa which as stated misses most of it if not phased correctly.
          Interesting. My alexa gets it right like 97% of the time. Just for grins, I've even tried less-than-intuitive ways of phrasing things... and it gets it right.

The only time it screws up is when my wife, with her heavy Brazilian accent, mangles a word or two.

As for Chat GPT controlling your home, does anyone else have visions of:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	55.7 KB ID:	1596639

Comment

Gotta keep in mind, ChatGPT is taught by the internet. It only knows what it learns from the internet.
            Have you seen the things on the internet??
            I'll pass on that plugin.

Comment

So in other words, ChatGPT uses the collective knowledge of the internet, kind of like the Borg? After seeing some very bad advice on YouTube, I'll pass as well.
              "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Here is a self hosted Open AI dev platform. I have not tried it yet. Looks like a possiblity for human detection.

https://www.codeproject.com/Articles...I-the-easy-way

Version 2.0.8. Our fast, free, self-hosted Artificial Intelligence Server for any platform, any language

CodeProject.AI Server is a locally installed, self-hosted, fast, free and Open Source Artificial Intelligence server for any platform, any language. No off-device or out of network data transfer, no messing around with dependencies, and able to be used from any platform, any language. Runs as a Windows Service or a Docker container.

Think of CodeProject.AI server like a database server: you install it, it runs in the background, and provides AI operations for any application via a simple API.

CodeProject.AI server runs as a Windows service or under Docker. Any language that can make HTTP calls can access the service, and the server does not require an external internet connection. Your data stays in your network.
                After reading a bit, it seems the key features for HS are:

What can it do?

Detect faces in images.
                Recognize faces that have been registered with the service.
                Pull out the most important sentences in text to generate a text summary.
                Prove sentiment analysis on text.

Pretty sure they mean sentient...
                ?
                Nope.

Sentiment analysis Sentiment analysis (also known as opinion mining or emotion AI) is the use of natural language processing, text analysis, computational linguistics, and biometrics to systematically identify, extract, quantify, and study affective states and subjective information.​
                WIKI
                Probably can make a snarky Homeseer "Siri"...
                3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
                  So in other words, ChatGPT uses the collective knowledge of the internet, kind of like the Borg? After seeing some very bad advice on YouTube, I'll pass as well.
                  At least you didn’t write “ChatGPT uses the collective intelligence of the internet”. That would disappoint.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I recently saw this video and it got me thinking about chat, GPT and HomeSeer. I’m not one to jump in with both feet just yet, but it is compelling information. Ironic that Apple dictation completely butchered my post and I’m now editing because of it.

Comment

Took me two days to use up all my free tokens given when I set up account. It's pay to play and unless a custom model is trained for HA, ChatGPT is a novelty...
                      3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

This is in it infansy but the product has lot of prudential, expecially if trained with the data we have. I think in about one year it will replace alexa for sure.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                          Took me two days to use up all my free tokens given when I set up account. It's pay to play and unless a custom model is trained for HA, ChatGPT is a novelty...
                          You shouldn't worry much about cost as I said above the cost structure is built around app developers with potentially millions of users. Cost will be negligible for private home automation with few hundreds of hits. I played with it earlier and incurred a cost of $0.0064 for text inquiries. It went a bit higher to $0.16 when I requested AI to generate images.

Comment

You shouldn't worry much about cost as I said above the cost structure is built around app developers with potentially millions of users. Cost will be negligible for private home automation with few hundreds of hits. I played with it earlier and incurred a cost of $0.0064 for text inquiries. It went a bit higher to $0.16 when I requested AI to generate images
                            Yes, the cost per hit is negligible, the revenue stream will be from corporations. It works for many completion uses, but I don't think a cloud LLM is necessary with the proper local AI server as an HA gateway. Thats where the one point of connection to cloud could be managed effectively and keep the lan clean. I am playing with the CPAI server right now. It's all local. I made an HS3 plugin to detect objects, detect faces, and recognise faces. It's pretty accurate. Adding zones now.
                            AI will have it's place, it's inevitable. The first applications to train and focus AI on HA in a versatile way will get the ball rolling. Probably generate some coin too...

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post

I am playing with the CPAI server right now. It's all local. I made an HS3 plugin to detect objects, detect faces, and recognise faces. It's pretty accurate. Adding zones now.
                              AI will have it's place, it's inevitable. The first applications to train and focus AI on HA in a versatile way will get the ball rolling. Probably generate some coin too...
                              Jebus

Can you tell us more about that so that we play with CPAI server as well. Also is your plug-in available to buy ? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X