No announcement yet.

Switchbot blind tilt - These work great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a cloud integration and devices that exist in the user's account will be the ones created in HS. I just simulated an account for all device types for my testing of those that I do not have on my account.

Comment

Michael,
      Are the IR codes stored in the Switchbot hub exposed in any of the API's?
      šŸ’ā€ā™‚ļø Support & Customer Service šŸ™‹ā€ā™‚ļø Sales Questions šŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Productsā€‹

Comment

If you wanted to open/close a curtain or tilt, can you script the command? Does it use capi?
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Yes there is an IR list that comes down with the device list. I have not yet done anything with the IR. I need to look at adding some IR codes and then look at their integration.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
            If you wanted to open/close a curtain or tilt, can you script the command? Does it use capi?
            Wouldn't you just use an event to do this?
            šŸ’ā€ā™‚ļø Support & Customer Service šŸ™‹ā€ā™‚ļø Sales Questions šŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Productsā€‹

Comment

In my case, currently, I use values from a luminance sensor as input to a script which then uses big5 to Post and Get with with v1.0 of the Api to control the amount my curtain is open. I'm hoping I could use this methodology to control the curtains and blinds should i need..
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                In my case, currently, I use values from a luminance sensor as input to a script which then uses big5 to Post and Get with with v1.0 of the Api to control the amount my curtain is open. I'm hoping I could use this methodology to control the curtains and blinds should i need..
                Couldn't you add the luminance sensor as a condition in an event?

Comment

The plugin has standard HS interface that includes ability to control via script/capi. My thought is that one would normally use the HS Devices Page for interactive or use Event Control Device for automated control. These will result in a call to SetIOMulti that will then deliver the POST message to Switchbot Cloud using the current V1.1 API.

Comment

Ok. Good info. After the POST does the plugin issue a GET to get the status or how is that being handled?

Comment

There are two parts and it is device dependent. Per the API some devices, such as US Plug, do not report a on/off state. I suspect they actually do, but I have converted all my switchbot plugs to use Tasmota for local control so do not have one for testing.

After a POST is sent a response is received to get command status. A failure will result in a resend and a third failure will result in an error message. If the controlled device has a status then the GET will be used to refresh the state of the device and no retry is done in this case as status is polled and will be picked up in the next polling cycle.

Comment

I did learn the IR for a Samsung TV. I can use the App to control the TV, but when a request is made from the plugin to report the devices the IR list is empty. A second support ticket was submitted. I also have red rather than green selector for enabling this capability, so it is likely related to the first support request of cloud service not really being available even though the cloud icons show on the App.

In another matter, the Keypad is something that I do not know how to handle. I suspect I will leave the hooks in for it, but there will be no code developed until there is somebody who has a keypad with whom I can interact.

In the case of the Bot, it has two modes of operation. Press vs. Switch. The plugin dynamically changes the HS UI based upon the mode. The API list all the available control actions, but only a subset is really available depending upon the configuration mode. It could easily be the case that there are other devices that can operate in multiple modes and dynamic reconfiguration will be needed. This will be addressed when a user with a device behaves in the manner.

Comment

Still would like some feedback for the UI for the Blind Tilt control function. The API provides four command options. My first cut is a slider for position. It expects two parameters up/down and % Not clear to me if down;80 is the same as up;80.

There are three discrete settings fullyOpen, closeUp, and closeDown. Is there one servo so control is in one axis or are there two so control in both up/down and left/right? If only servo then why have both closeUp and closeDown controls?

I also saw in the API where a webhook can be setup. I will look into it. It implies that a route from WAN to LAN needs to exists to be able to accept data being pushed by the Switchbot server.

Still no response on two support tickets for enabling cloud and getting the IR code list via API.

Comment

Personally, I'd like a slider. This is how I configured my Big5 solution in HS3.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	93
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1599716ā€‹
                            ā€‹

Comment

A slider would be fine but I currently only use fully open which is when the blinds are level, and close down which is when they are all the way down. So maybe a slider with three buttons fully open, closed down and possibly closed up. Is this the feedback you are looking for? Thanks again for taking this on and let us know when you have a beta to play with.

Comment

langenet you have controls for open and close on the V1 API. How does this map into the three controls in V1.1 API? When you issue setPosition command are there two parameters where one is up or down. Iā€™m trying to understand up vs. down in the V 1.1 API. If only one axis control then I do not understand why it exists.

Rupp this is the nature of the feedback I am asking. It would be nice if I could get feedback from Switchbot to address cloud access. It seems like a simple question of why my icons are red vs. green. Without cloud access for a device there is no two way integration. The API reports that cloud access is not enabled, yet the switch is in the enable position on the App, albeit the color is red rather than green as shown in all their FAQ.

Comment

Working...
                                X