Switchbot blind tilt - These work great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
    I believe you have the most likely diagnosis.
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

The new build with the correction to allow multiple requests is attached. Goes in \bin\mcsMQTT folder.
      I also added a second IR Feature for the TV to be able to set channels. To get this capability the existing TV IR Device&Feature need to be obsoleted from the MQTT Page (Association Table is easiest with "o" column checkbox on the TV IR Device and Delete button at the column heading. I find it easiest to put in the VSP list of favorite stations (e.g. 4,5,11,101, etc) on the Edit Popup and change Control/Status UI to be List or Button. Pay attention to Max VSP on the Edit as it needs to be at least as large as the number of stations in the VSP.

The HS DeviceValue is updated to match the last sent IR command. This is problematic for things like Volume where you may want to send the same IR code multiple times. When it is a button no problem, but as a selector one needs to go back to null selection and then to volume again.

Click image for larger version  Name:	0x.png Views:	0 Size:	49.3 KB ID:	1601359

Comment

I believe you have the most likely diagnosis.
        Making progress, here.
        I have installed the hub, mcsMQTT creates devices.

However, the Switchbot cannot be activated by the "press" button. What do you need from me for further development? Thanks. Click image for larger version

Name:	Switchbot.png
Views:	117
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	1601500
        Attached Files
        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

The Developer Mode Console text. First when the plugin starts and completes its initialization and second when you click the Press button. A third one will occur every two or so minutes. Useful, but not as important as the other two. This thread has examples from Rupp for his.

Comment

The Developer Mode Console text. First when the plugin starts and completes its initialization and second when you click the Press button. A third one will occur every two or so minutes. Useful, but not as important as the other two. This thread has examples from Rupp for his.
            Here you are:

Connecting to HomeSeer...
            Connected to HomeSeer
            Waiting for initialization...
            mcsMQTT Browser Pages Registered with HS
            HS Startup Complete
            Initialization Complete
            MQTTClientSetup Host Supports IPV6
            Starting Windows BLEScan
            BLE Device Watcher Started
            {"statusCode":100,"body":{"deviceList":[{"deviceId":"D7C72879DFA9","deviceName":"Living Room","deviceType":"Hub Mini","enableCloudService":false,"hubDeviceId":""},{"deviceI d":"F6DE648C8B9C","deviceName":"Bot 9C","deviceType":"Bot","enableCloudService":true,"hubDevic eI d":"D7C72879DFA9"}],"infraredRemoteList":[]},"message":"success"}
            Waiting for MQTT Messages
            Switchbot command response to {"commandType":"command","command":"press","parameter":"d efa ult"} is {"statusCode":100,"body":{"items":[{"deviceID":"F6DE648C8B9C","code":100,"status":{"battery" :10 0,"power":"on"},"message":"success"}]},"message":"success"}
            Bluetoth Watcher Stop
            Starting Windows BLEScan
            Bluetoth Watcher Stop
            Starting Windows BLEScan

By the way nothing changes with the devices, when I click on "PRESS," as above. The question mark and the timestamps remain unchanged from when the devices were first created. Thanks.​

Comment

The Switchbot response shown below means that it recognized the press request, acknowledged that it was accepted with statusCode of 100. Odd that the battery was only at 10% if a new battery was installed. Did you refresh the HS Device page. HS often does not update the screen automatically. The MQTT Page Association table should also show the response being received with payload and date being updated.

Did you look at the Bot when the command was being delivered to see if the arm moved?

Code:
              Switchbot command response to {"commandType":"command","command":"press","parameter":"d efault"} is {"statusCode":100,"body":{"items":[{"deviceID":"F6DE648C8B9C","code":100,"status":{"battery" :10 0,"power":"on"},"message":"success"}]},"message":"success"}

Comment

The Switchbot response shown below means that it recognized the press request, acknowledged that it was accepted with statusCode of 100. Odd that the battery was only at 10% if a new battery was installed. Did you refresh the HS Device page. HS often does not update the screen automatically. The MQTT Page Association table should also show the response being received with payload and date being updated.

Did you look at the Bot when the command was being delivered to see if the arm moved?

Code:
                Switchbot command response to {"commandType":"command","command":"press","parameter":"d efault"} is {"statusCode":100,"body":{"items":[{"deviceID":"F6DE648C8B9C","code":100,"status":{"battery" :10 0,"power":"on"},"message":"success"}]},"message":"success"}
                Michael: I can control the device by clicking on the button "PRESS" (arm moves). Interestingly, it is reported nicely with correct time stamp on the mcsMQTT associations page:
                Dev: Switchbot|F6DE648C8B9C/Bot|Bot_power
                Sub: Switchbot/F6DE648C8B9C/Bot_power
                Pub: the following Topic on Device command
                Switchbot/F6DE648C8B9C/Bot_power/set
                2023-03-31 22:04:31

However, nothing changes on the Devices page (looks the same as in my earlier post above). I did get rid of the question mark, though, by changing the icon for "Bot_power" on the Status/Graphics page for the device. The device battery on the Devices page is 100% with the time stamp as above (12:29:05 PM). So, I'm not sure why it reads 10%, either.

Comment

I do not think the Press Feature status changes since the arm moves and returns. The 10% is a message board effect of 10 0 rather than 100. If you are seeing 100% in HS then it is being updated based upon the response. I do not recall if the time updates or not if the status value does not change. It can be selected on the mcsMQTT Edit tab, but I do think the default is to update on every message received.

I think it is working as expected.

What Icon did you select? I will change the source to use it when created.

Comment

I do not think the Press Feature status changes since the arm moves and returns. The 10% is a message board effect of 10 0 rather than 100. If you are seeing 100% in HS then it is being updated based upon the response. I do not recall if the time updates or not if the status value does not change. It can be selected on the mcsMQTT Edit tab, but I do think the default is to update on every message received.

I think it is working as expected.

What Icon did you select? I will change the source to use it when created.
                    Michael: Thanks. I changed mcsMQTT to "Always update last time." However, time stamp remains unchanged for devices on Devices page. No matter, it is working as it should and I thank you for this. I use "modeoff.png." Click image for larger version

Name:	modeoff.png
Views:	130
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	1601695

Comment

This is curious. I just added a second SwitchBot and time stamp updates nicely for all 3, when I click on "PRESS." The first SwitchBot still doesn't update.

Comment

If you go to the MQTT Page, Asssociation Tab, Select T3 filter as Bot and then Show Associations button at the top of the table you will see the Bot items. Click on the Ref button of the : power endpoint to bring up the Edit popup. Look in the lower part for the MISC properties.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.png Views:	0 Size:	18.2 KB ID:	1605741

MISC is a HS setting to control device behavior. SET_DOES_NOT_CHANGE_LAST_CHANGE is the one you may want to change. With it checked it will only update info when the DeviceValue changes. I have seen my Bot only report power: on, but I do not know what it means for the Bot when it is in Press mode since the arm is only in the extended position for a short time. It would make sense to me for Switchbot to provide a changed status when it is activated and then on the next polling cycle when the arm has retracted then it would go back to inactive state.

If MISC property is unchecked, then every polling cycle it will update the last date property in HS.

Something I may be able to do is to artificially toggle it when the command is sent so it will look in HS similar to what the arm is actually doing. What is not clear, however, is why you are getting the time updated. The data in the console will show if there is a power: off ever received.

Comment

If you go to the MQTT Page, Asssociation Tab, Select T3 filter as Bot and then Show Associations button at the top of the table you will see the Bot items. Click on the Ref button of the : power endpoint to bring up the Edit popup. Look in the lower part for the MISC properties.

Something I may be able to do is to artificially toggle it when the command is sent so it will look in HS similar to what the arm is actually doing. What is not clear, however, is why you are getting the time updated. The data in the console will show if there is a power: off ever received.
                          Thanks. That solved the time updating issue for that one SwitchBot. If you can "artificially toggle," that would be nice, too.

Comment

I did the artificial toggle in the latest posted 6.3.1.0. For it to be effective the MISC setting should be set to only update on a change otherwise you will not be able to detect a date change on a command vs. a periodic polling update.

Comment

My first SwitchBot Blind Tilt was delivered yesterday afternoon. Took about a hour to install (next one will take about 15 minutes, I'm a cautious type). One support request to Wondertechlabs and I had a firmware update waiting for my Blind Tilt when I got up this morning. Loaded mcsMQTT and another hour later I've got a fully automated Blind control that works with my iPhone, Alexa, and HomeSeer. I'm going to see how it performs over the next four weeks or so and barring any issues I'll probably be ordering at least four more for my living room.
                              Thanks to Rupp for bringing this my attention and to Michael McSharry for providing the control ability for HomeSeer! You are the best! Thanks!!

Comment

Hi Michael - I have a Switchbot Bot that seems to work great when it is in 'Press Mode'. The device gets created fine in HS4 with a 'Press' button. When I remove the Bot, delete all associations add back in the Bot in 'Switch Mode' the HS4 devices all get rebuilt with the same 'Press' device in HS4 which then fails to activate the Bot.
                                I can see in the mobile App's log in red 'Failed to execute, try again - API'.
                                I'm guessing that the Bot in 'Switch Mode' should be able to have On Off and Press as those seem to be the functionality available in the mobile app.
                                When I delete all Associations and the Bot from the App and then pair it again in Press Mode it functions fine and all devices get rebuilt in HS4.

Here is my Log after adding and removing it in different modes. I only have 1 Mini Hub and 1 Switchbot Bot.

Code:
                                {"statusCode":100,"body":{"deviceId":"ED563D9BB14D","deviceType":"Bot","hubDeviceId":"EBD59ED0CD0D","version":"V6.3","power":"on","battery":98,"deviceMode":"pressMode"},"message":"success"}
                                {"statusCode":100,"body":{"deviceId":"ED563D9BB14D","deviceType":"Bot","hubDeviceId":"EBD59ED0CD0D","version":"V6.3","power":"on","battery":98,"deviceMode":"pressMode"},"message":"success"}
                                {"statusCode":100,"body":{"deviceList":[{"deviceId":"EBD59ED0CD0D","deviceName":"Hub Mini 0D","deviceType":"Hub Mini","enableCloudService":false,"hubDeviceId":""},{"deviceId":"ED563D9BB14D","deviceName":"Light","deviceType":"Bot","enableCloudService":true,"hubDeviceId":"EBD59ED0CD0D"}],"infraredRemoteList":[]},"message":"success"}
                                Switchbot command response to {"commandType":"command","command":"press","parameter":"default"} is {"statusCode":160,"body":{},"message":"not this command:press"}
                                {"statusCode":100,"body":{"deviceId":"ED563D9BB14D","deviceType":"Bot","hubDeviceId":"EBD59ED0CD0D","version":"V6.3","power":"on","battery":98,"deviceMode":"pressMode"},"message":"success"}​

In the last log entry it still seems to think its still in 'Press mode' but it isn't its in 'Switch Mode'.

Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X