Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a UK Intruder Alarm System

Hi All,

Has any of the UK HomeSeer users integrated their HomeSeer with an Intruder Alarm System?

I'm looking for the Alarm System to host / manage the majority of PIR and door sensors to reduce sensors.
    A primary requirement is for a local connection / integration. The use of a Cloud Service needs to be avoided.

I've seen demos of DSC PowerSeries systems, but they are not easy to get hold of and installed within the UK.

Majority of my searches draw a blank, a system not available in the UK, or the use of a cloud service.

Any Advice, Pointers or suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks

DIY it.

Helping a peer here in TX connect his wired Konnected Alarm Panel for self monitoring.

Konnected Alarm Panel Pro 12-Zone Conversion Kit

I am sure that the company would deliver to the UK.

I prefer my wired Omni HAI combo panel today over the cloud based / wireless Ring alarm (in house two).

Currently use the PIR's / contact sensors to drive Homeseer SAPI TTS and Alexa TTS. My preference is still non cloud based Homeseer SAPI TTS.

Konnected with MQTT

Here using a Ring to MQTT bridge and an OmniPro 2 panel to MQTT bridge and Homeseer Omni PI.

For one garage door have it wired (contact sensors and button) to the alarm panel and doing it wireless here with Tasmota and two contact sensors (closed and open), button and temperature sensor (doing MQTT). It is as fast as the wired sensors.

Buying and installing Konnected in the UK

SmartHome Alarm systems

- Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I use Visonic 868MHz sensors received by the RFXusb-RFX868 and processed by the RFXCOM plugin alarm panel

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
        I use Visonic 868MHz sensors received by the RFXusb-RFX868 and processed by the RFXCOM plugin alarm panel
        Does this mean your HS is functioning as your alarm system?

Comment

Correct:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	alarm panel.png
Views:	174
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	1599331

Alarm Panel State:
          This device displays the state like Disarmed, Armed-Away, Armed-Home etc.
          When the user tries to arm the panel and one of the active and enabled security sensors has an alarm or motion state or has an error condition like low battery, tamper or communication failure it is not possible to arm the panel and the status “Problem” is displayed. The Panel Status will display “Not Ready” and the Alarm Messages Panel will show the kind of problem. Solve the problem or Disable the sensor that creates the problem and try to arm the panel again.

Alarm Panel Status:
          This device displays the status like Ready, Ready Home, Alarm, Panic, Arm Pending or Not Ready.
          When the user tries to arm the panel and the Panel Status displays “Not Ready” then check the Panel Display, which will show the kind of problem. Solve the problem or Disable the sensor that creates the problem and try to arm the panel again.

Alarm Panel Messages:
          This panel displays alarm messages and possible sensor errors like battery empty, tamper or communication failure. All stored messages can be displayed with the buttons Up-Down. The messages can be cleared with the Clr button.
          All security sensors are checked for problems when the RFXCOM plug-in starts and if an abnormal status is found it will be displayed.
          The DeviceValue of this panel is incremented each time a new error message appears. A Device Value Change event can be used to trigger an action, for example send a SMS Text Message containing the error message of the panel. Or use the standard NMA function to report warning and alarm messages.

Alarm Panel Control:
          This device is in fact a virtual key fob with Arm, Arm-Home, Disarm and an optional Panic button. Enable “Display Panic button” on the configuration page of this device to show the Panic button.
          The buttons cannot be used by Guest users. The unlock code must be entered before pressing Disarm if the unlock code has been configured different from 0000.

Alarm Panel Unlock:
          This device is used to enter an optional unlock code for the Alarm Panel Control - Disarm button.
          This device can be made hidden if the security unlock code is 0000 and therefore not used.
          The Unlock code is also used for the Arm-Home and Arm-Away buttons if the selection box is checked on the configuration page.

Attached Files

Comment

I still use a Cytech Comfort alarm with the original UCM (serial module) which I just use to read all the PIR sensor and door status in HomeSeer via a simple script. This updates a number of virtual devices with the current PIR/Door status There is a also a unsupported HS3 plugin somewhere I believe. I see you can get a universal module which should work fine with this method.

There is also a KNX module which I believe you use. Not sure how many modules you can fit in the panel...a question for Cytech.
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
              Correct:

Impressive :-)
              However, I am being cautious of putting all my eggs in on basket. If HomeSeer fails, multiple systems could be offline.
              I'm working to have an Alarm system being primarily responsible for that functionality and the same for HVAC etc.

HomeSeer will just be be the middle man, and make adjustments to other systems as needed based on updates from devices.

Comment

I also use Cytech Comfort. I have a python script that integrates HS with Comfort via MQTT. It works flawlessly using the wonderful and free mcsMQTT plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
                  I also use Cytech Comfort. I have a python script that integrates HS with Comfort via MQTT. It works flawlessly using the wonderful and free mcsMQTT plugin.
                  Where's the best place to get a Cytech Comfort system installed from? Or is the install a DIY requirement?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Techn0 View Post

Where's the best place to get a Cytech Comfort system installed from? Or is the install a DIY requirement?

Thanks
                    http://www.cytech.biz/dealers.php

Bottom of page....
                    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                      On it :-) thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Techn0 View Post

Thanks
                        I did a DIY install.

Comment

What interface/connection type (to the Comfort) is this using?
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

What interface/connection type (to the Comfort) is this using?
                            Ethernet.

I notice you use serial; this may be of interest to you; nicramage/comfort2mqtt: Cytech Comfort Alarm panel Bridge with MQTT (github.com)

Comment

Ethernet.

I notice you use serial; this may be of interest to you; nicramage/comfort2mqtt: Cytech Comfort Alarm panel Bridge with MQTT (github.com)
                              Thanks, yes I have seen that but I have no extra requirements to my setup. Like Techn0, I prefer to keep the two separate. The serial interface will allow most functions to control the panel if it was needed. I use serial as that was the only option available when I purchased/installed the alarm. It also works if your network failed!
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X