Talking Puppy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking Puppy?

Eh, not what you may think...http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=E-PUPPY-N

Do you think kids would like this if it were incorporated with HS for their rooms?

Oh come on!

SOMEBODY must have thought it would be neat!

....I hope it is. I bought a couple!

Comment

Looks great for a kids room. How cool is that.

Comment

Let me know how they work, was thinkin about buyin 1 for kids room too.

Comment

Kinda cool actually.

Originally posted by JasonW
          Let me know how they work, was thinkin about buyin 1 for kids room too.
          OK, it is not the most sophisticated piece of equipment I have ever purchased, but it is kinda cool. It will read email to you (fairly well and with its own decent TTS voice) from Outlook and Outlook Express and will also act as a speaker and mic for your machine. The speaker is not high fidelity, but it is not bad, AND you can plug in a cable and output to a PC or amp. The mic is decent enough that HS will recognize voice commands. It also has an alarm clock feature and will announce your calendar events. For the money, its not bad.

Some of the other features it has are a bit...odd. If you tap it on the head, it will ask you in a variety of ways why you are angry..... It is pretty evident that the "English" phrases were written by someone whose first language was NOT English. Its comical if not just odd...

It takes 5 minutes to install and set up, and all the features work right out of the box. All in all, not bad. I have spent $20 and gotten much less for it in the past.

Rob

Comment

Kid approved.

Just hooked it up for my Godson (6) and he is thrilled. He is learning to read and type and was enjoying following along as the emails were being read to him.

He said he couldn't wait to come home from school tomorrow to see if his e-Puppy's tummy was blinking. :-)

Also noticed that you can recored messages/reminders that cause a GREEN blinking light instead of the RED mail waiting light.

I wish there was a way to incorporate this in to Homeseer to make HS a bit more kid friendly. Anyone know what it might take to do that? I have no idea. I was going to try to write to the company who makes it, but there is absolutely NO COMPANY NAME ANYWHERE on the box, literature or the e-puppy itself. Just says Made in China. Kind of a few to many people to check over there.....

Regardless, this little e-Puppy is cute, fun, it works, and is kid approved. By at least one kid! :-)

There. That's my report.

Rob

Comment

NO COMPANY NAME ANYWHERE
              You could always perform a dissection and see if there is information on the inside. Of course your Godson might have a few words to say about it.
              My system is described in my profile.

Comment

Working...
              X