All 4 my zooz zen15 power switches turn off without reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All 4 my zooz zen15 power switches turn off without reason

I have found today when I came home that all my Zooz zen15 power switches are off (all 4 of them).
    Nobody was home at the time. 3 of them doesn't have control buttons in homeseer (to exclude accidental turn on/off) and were used as power monitoring for my 2 refrigerators and 1 for my computer network (pfsense, WiFi AP).
    Any hints how to debug this, what exactly should I try to look in the logs?
    Anybody using zen15 power switches and what is your experience?

Have you checked the log to look at the history? At the very least you should be able to find an approximate time each powered off by the lack of wattage alerts.

It sounds like they are on different circuits, so is there any chance there was a power outage and they aren't configured to return to their prior power state?

Comment

It sounds like an unusual situation, and it's understandable that you would be concerned about what happened. One possibility could be that there was a power outage or surge that caused the switches to turn off. Another possibility could be a glitch in the HomeSeer system, causing the switches to turn off unexpectedly.

To begin debugging the issue, you could check the power outage logs for your area to see if there was any disruption during the time period the switches turned off. Additionally, you could check the logs of the HomeSeer system to see if there were any unexpected errors or commands that could have caused the switches to turn off.

As for experiences with the Zooz zen15 power switches, it would be helpful to hear from other users who may have encountered similar situations or have insights into the switches' reliability.

Comment

You might check parameters 33 and 34. They were added with rev 1.06. When I updated mine to 1.06 firmware, the auto off timer was set on several of them. Parameter 34 will automatically turn them off. IIRC it was 6 hours.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	100
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	1600155
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by LansoirThemtq View Post
          It sounds like an unusual situation, and it's understandable that you would be concerned about what happened. One possibility could be that there was a power outage or surge that caused the switches to turn off. Another possibility could be a glitch in the HomeSeer system, causing the switches to turn off unexpectedly.

To begin debugging the issue, you could check the power outage logs for your area to see if there was any disruption during the time period the switches turned off. Additionally, you could check the logs of the HomeSeer system to see if there were any unexpected errors or commands that could have caused the switches to turn off.

As for experiences with the Zooz zen15 power switches, it would be helpful to hear from other users who may have encountered similar situations or have insights into the switches' reliability.
          Newbie experimenting with AI?

Comment

Working...
          X