Water shut off valve on and off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water shut off valve on and off

I'm looking to plumb a water line to fill the pool automatically. Can we typically control the on and off from Homeseer or is it one way only?

Any valve you'd recommend?

Any of the whole house valves turn on and Off. Depending on if it supports enough volume for you an underground sprinkler valve might work. Much less expensive than a powered ball valve.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
      Any of the whole house valves turn on and Off. Depending on if it supports enough volume for you an underground sprinkler valve might work. Much less expensive than a powered ball valve.
      That's actually a great idea, in fact I already have Rachio which i can easily integrate a 1/2" garden valve to.

Comment

One of my older posts for some more ideas + water level + temperature management. Still using it, works great.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ir...31#post1488531

Comment

Originally posted by 123qweasd View Post
          One of my older posts for some more ideas + water level + temperature management. Still using it, works great.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ir...31#post1488531
          I remember seeing that post before. I have an inground pool which makes it not possible to to add a level sensor as such. I'm going to be away for months at a time and need to have a way to fill the pool. I already have a SWG so that helps with the chlorine. I also have a camera looking directly at the pool. My thought was to set a reminder for myself to occassional turn on the valve to let it fill and then turn it off.

I also have plumbing from my pool equipment that is free. Used to have a pool cleaner booster pump but that's now gone so I can use that as the return for the water coming in.

Probably a long garden hose connected to that pipe with a wifi hose timer will do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post

I have an inground pool which makes it not possible to to add a level sensor as such.
            If you want to get rid of the camera based monitoring, I believe I saw some people using the water pipes to pass dry contact wires for water level sensors.

Comment

Originally posted by 123qweasd View Post

If you want to get rid of the camera based monitoring, I believe I saw some people using the water pipes to pass dry contact wires for water level sensors.
              I wonder if this will survive in the skimmer basket

https://www.amazon.com/Ecolink-Zwave...716YVPLG&psc=1

Comment

I doubt the battery side will survive outdoors; you would either have to use a weatherproof box or use it indoors and extend the sensor part (cable length can be limited).

Comment

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
                  I'm looking to plumb a water line to fill the pool automatically. Can we typically control the on and off from Homeseer or is it one way only?

Any valve you'd recommend?
                  I have Zooz Titan Zwave water valve actuator. Works great.

Comment

I too have the Zooz Titan. Super easy to install, z wave, and is very powerful. It handles my main valve with no issue. Battery backup “coming soon”.

Comment

I've been hesitating to buy Zooz product lately particularly their switches. Half of my house have Zooz switches and half are with really old linear switches. I've replaced many Zooz switches due to failures and they are all under 2 years old while the Linear switches although 5 years or more old all seems to function well.

Comment

Working...
                      X