Airpanel launching movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airpanel launching movie

I need help launching a movie from my airpanel. I am trying xlobby as a front end for Homeseer / security and home theater.
    Remote terminal services (remote desktop) wont let me start a movie from a connected computer. I wanna be able to start a movie that is ripped to my servors hard drive from my master bedroom using my airpanel. The movie would be played on channel 3 (from the video modulator) and I could watch it and control it using xlobbys front end on my airpanel.

I can get it to work when I start it from the host computer (servor) but remote desktop wont let me.

Anyone have a work around? Or an alternative suggestion?

jbc

jbc: I'm not familiar with xlobby, but here's how I do it... I have the movie on the HS computer, which is also the host for my airpanel. I have an HS event that launches WMP and plays the movie. I use the "App/Sound/Email" tab to specify the path to WMP in the "Application Path:" and the path to the movie in the "Parameters:". Make sure that the path in "Parameters:" is in quotes if there are spaces in it.

I also have events that Play and Pause the movie by sending keyboard shortcuts using hs.Keys. For example, in WMP you can toggle Play and Pause by using CTRL+P. So, I have an event that calls a script that conains
    Code:
    hs.Keys "^p", "Windows Media Player", 1
    Make sure that you're using a lower case "p" for WMP. It doesn't work with upper-case.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X