B11(?) Extended 16 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B11(?) Extended 16 29

I'm getting the following message in the log.

B11(?) Extended 16 29

What does this mean? I have a motion sensor and its seems to be tied to this but it's not on House code B11. I don't understand the message
    Regards, Bob

itanic,
    This is probably noise on the power line. How many motion sensors do you have? If you have several in use and your using TM751's or RR501's to receive the signals then a lot of powerline traffic can cause erroneous noise on the powerline. What X10 interface are you using?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm using a TM751 with a single motion sensor with a CM11A.
      Regards, Bob

Comment

itanic,
        What house and unit code is your motion sensor on?

Comment

What type of motion sensor is it? That particular extended command appears to be one of the "Security" commands.

Comment

Last night I moved the CM11A to another outlet via an extention cord which seems to have cleared up the problems I was having. Must have been something about the specific outlet I was using.

Thanks for all the help.
            Regards, Bob

Comment

Me too...

Itanic.. I am having the same problem with this identical message. It occurs semi-regularly at intervals of approximately 30 minutes to 90 minutes, 24 hours a day. I do not have any B house codes.

I cannot correlate it to any events with any appliances so far. I was wondering if you had ever seen this return after moving your CM-11 to the other outlet? Or perhaps you found out what the culprit was.

I have a similar setup - about 20 X10 devices, HS 2.0, and a CM-11A. I have one motion detector (MS13A) set to house code C2. No apparent correlatoin to it's trigger and the B11 event.

Any ideas.. ??

Comment

pogle,

Do you, by chance, have a Garage Door Sensor installed? I believe these transmissions are from the receiver of the Sensor that uses X10 extended codes to indicate open cosed status. Even when the door is left open or closed the receiver sends an X10 signal to confirm every 90 minutes or so.
                Regards, Bob

Comment

Bingo..

You win the prize - exactly right. I had not considered this but i do have a Stanley garage door status system. It is set to B1 though it seems to report B11. Sometimes it triggers on when the door opens, other times about every 60-90 minutes.

I didn't think about this as it was not in my Activehome device list, nor the HS one.

Makes a lot of sense now, though dont understand the B11, vs B1 msg...

Comment

I have the same Stanley garage door monitor, and I can see these log entries. I'd like to make use of them, to create an indicator on the status screen, or to use in HS events.

I can't figure out how to get HS to interpret the extended codes. Any suggestions?

I know there are other ways to monitor the garage doors, but the question stands.

Comment

Assuming we're discussing the same stanley garage door monitor (the indicator has 3 sets of red/green leds) - the attached are the scripts that I use with them. One decodes the sensor report. One allows you to control the other LEDs on the indicator. There are also a couple of files that document the codes. Hope they're useful.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the info, jsteed, that was exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

Help with a Stanley Sensor

Originally posted by jsteed View Post
                          Assuming we're discussing the same stanley garage door monitor (the indicator has 3 sets of red/green leds) - the attached are the scripts that I use with them. One decodes the sensor report. One allows you to control the other LEDs on the indicator. There are also a couple of files that document the codes. Hope they're useful.
                          I have been using this system for a while, but recently one of my door sensors seems to have "dropped out" and is no longer communicating with the receiver. Usually this is a sign of a weak battery, but this time it appears to be something worse. Does anyone know where I could get a spare unit now.. If not, has anyone seen a better system?

I liked this system cause I have a status indicator in both the Kitchen as well as the master bedroom which ensures I know the doors are closed before bedtime..

Paul

Comment

Did you try EBay? A universal module and a good garage door magnet (http://www.smarthome.com/7455.html) work equally as well and you can have a lamp turn on or have HomeSeer announce that the garage door has been left open.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                              Did you try EBay? A universal module and a good garage door magnet (http://www.smarthome.com/7455.html) work equally as well and you can have a lamp turn on or have HomeSeer announce that the garage door has been left open.
                              Thanks Rupp,

I have a search open on eBay.. I really hope I can find another sensor unit.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X