Awesome Zigbee Coordinator For Zigbee2Mqtt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richel View Post

Same here (no green light), but working as it should.
    Thanks for confirming, saves me the headache of reaching out to their support. Not sure why they wouldn't light the indicator on the network jack.

Comment

From the manual, it looks like the greed led should light when the z2m connection is working. Is this not what you see? Maybe they can fix it with a firmware update?

https://smlight.tech/manual/slzb-06/...ing-the-device

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	227
Size:	204.5 KB
ID:	1622239

Comment

Originally posted by jmedemar View Post
        From the manual, it looks like the greed led should light when the z2m connection is working. Is this not what you see? Maybe they can fix it with a firmware update?
        Pease reread my question, the green light on the network port. Every network port in existence has an orange activity light and a green link indicator.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

Pease reread my question, the green light on the network port. Every network port in existence has an orange activity light and a green link indicator.
          Not applicable to glass fibre network ports

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post

Yeah... but it's an Ethernet port we're discussing. But if you're going to get legal, yes you're right

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post

Nor to the port on my Reolink PoE doorbell. But now I'm just picking nits.

Views:	247
Size:	276.3 KB
ID:	1622283
              -Wade

Comment

Will the SMLIGHT be okay with 48v POE?
                Karl S
                HS4Pro on Windows 10
                1070 Devices
                56 Z-Wave Nodes
                104 Events
                HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
                  Will the SMLIGHT be okay with 48v POE?
                  It supports IEEE 802.3af, so yes.

Comment

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen
                    Let me inform you, that starting from today, SLZB-06 coordinators support Matter-over-Thread devices in Home Assistant! Here is a video tutorial how to pair Matter-over-Thread devices:

Comment

I see this is currently either Zigbee OR Matter. Is there any plan, Serge, to allow for both on the same controller at the same time?
                      Karl S
                      HS4Pro on Windows 10
                      1070 Devices
                      56 Z-Wave Nodes
                      104 Events

Comment

I see this is currently either Zigbee OR Matter. Is there any plan, Serge, to allow for both on the same controller at the same time?
                        Hello Karl S! It works on the SLZB-06M version, and we will release another tutorial about that soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Serge View Post

Hello Karl S! It works on the SLZB-06M version, and we will release another tutorial about that soon!
                          Great. Thank you! Maybe I will upgrade to the SLZB-06M and convert the SLZB-06 I have to do Bluetooth. I have time, though, as I am in no hurry to put any Matter devices in place. I do have an ESP32 running openMQTTGateway Bluetooth as well, so no push from that side either.
                          Karl S
                          HS4Pro on Windows 10
                          1070 Devices
                          56 Z-Wave Nodes
                          104 Events

Comment

Great. Thank you! Maybe I will upgrade to the SLZB-06M and convert the SLZB-06 I have to do Bluetooth. I have time, though, as I am in no hurry to put any Matter devices in place. I do have an ESP32 running openMQTTGateway Bluetooth as well, so no push from that side either.
                            Just one thing to understand correctly each other.
                            Matter can work EITHER over Wi-Fi or Thread.
                            SLZB-06* (both 06 and 06M) supports Matter-over-Thread. If you need to connect Matter-over-Wi-Fi, it depends on the smart home server that you are using. In the case of Home Assistant, for example, you can run the Matter server add-on, and your Home Assistant becomes a Matter bridge so do not need any additional hardware (just your server should be connected to the same network as your end device). I cannot tell how it is implemented in HomeSeer, as I did not go deep into the details of Matter over WiFi.

Comment

I have an SLZB-06 and have it powered up via POE. I don't have any other Zigbee running, I have a door sensor as a test device when I get things running. I already have an MQTT broker and extensively use the wonderful mcsMQTT plugin.
                              I can access the SLZB-06 web interface,
                              I need to get Zigbee2MQTT running. I don't want to have another Pi running and would like to use the Windows PC. The instructions I found on the Zigbee2MQTT web site to install on Windows seem to be for a direct connection via serial! Can anybody point me in the right direction for ethernet?
                              (I am not a techy, more a painting by numbers user.)

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
                                I have an SLZB-06 and have it powered up via POE. I don't have any other Zigbee running, I have a door sensor as a test device when I get things running. I already have an MQTT broker and extensively use the wonderful mcsMQTT plugin.
                                I can access the SLZB-06 web interface,
                                I need to get Zigbee2MQTT running. I don't want to have another Pi running and would like to use the Windows PC. The instructions I found on the Zigbee2MQTT web site to install on Windows seem to be for a direct connection via serial! Can anybody point me in the right direction for ethernet?
                                (I am not a techy, more a painting by numbers user.)
                                The instructions for this are on the smlight site but they are less than instructive and refer you back to the Zigbee2MQTT site for some portions, which are equally less than instructive. On the Zigbee2MQTT site you need to pop up to the parent Configuration topic to find that you need to edit a file called configuration.yaml. Look for this file in the Zigbee2MQTT installation folders. You will edit it with any text editor, such as Notepad.

You should be able to view a web page (see image below) from your SLZB-06 unit by browsing to it's IP. It MAY also be available on your network as http://slzb-06/ Once there, select the Z2M and ZHA option on the left then make sure Zigbee2MQTT is selected. Then click the Copy to clipboard button. You will place this in the configuration file.

Once done your configuration file will look similar to this. It will likely have additional lines, but may not at this time. You will be adding or editing the lines from serial: down and thgere may be additional items under advanced:

Code:
                                mqtt:
                                  base_topic: zigbee2mqtt
                                  server: mqtt://192.168.1.2
                                  keepalive: 60
                                  reject_unauthorized: true
                                  version: 4
                                serial:
                                  port: tcp://192.168.1.166:6638
                                  baudrate: 115200
                                  adapter: zstack
                                  disable_led: false
                                advanced:
                                  transmit_power: 20​

Views:	26
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	1667027
                                Karl S
                                HS4Pro on Windows 10
                                1070 Devices
                                56 Z-Wave Nodes
                                104 Events

Comment

Working...
                                X