Awesome Zigbee Coordinator For Zigbee2Mqtt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Zigbee Coordinator For Zigbee2Mqtt

FYI, I wanted to get away from using a USB dongle (or pi hat) for my Zigbee coordinator for Mqtt and I have found it. You can get one at Amazon and it’s called a SMLIGHT SLZB-06 - Zigbee 3.0. It is high powered and you can choose USB, Ethernet or WIFI to connect to your Mqtt broker. I have tested it via Wi-Fi and Ethernet for Zigbee2Mqtt and it works perfectly. If you want to use it via ethernet it is also POE (you can also just power it without POE) The range is awesome and it is very easy to configure via the provided web browser. Just plug in the coordinator, type in the ip address and the browsers interface will pop up. You can do all of your configuration work there, even update it to the latest firmware. Now I don’t have to have my coordinator stuck in the back of my HS4 machine or in a RPI at the same location, I can place the antenna (s) in the best location.

Anyway check it out. I think you’ll be happy if something like this would make life easier for you. It did for me.

Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post
    FYI, I wanted to get away from using a USB dongle (or pi hat) for my Zigbee coordinator for Mqtt and I have found it. You can get one at Amazon and it’s called a SMLIGHT SLZB-06 - Zigbee 3.0. It is high powered and you can choose USB, Ethernet or WIFI to connect to your Mqtt broker. I have tested it via Wi-Fi and Ethernet for Zigbee2Mqtt and it works perfectly. If you want to use it via ethernet it is also POE (you can also just power it without POE) The range is awesome and it is very easy to configure via the provided web browser. Just plug in the coordinator, type in the ip address and the browsers interface will pop up. You can do all of your configuration work there, even update it to the latest firmware. Now I don’t have to have my coordinator stuck in the back of my HS4 machine or in a RPI at the same location, I can place the antenna (s) in the best location.

Anyway check it out. I think you’ll be happy if something like this would make life easier for you. It did for me.

Looks interesting. What MQTT plugin do you use it with?
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

mcsMQTT here in HS4.

Comment

mcsMQTT here in HS4.
        Thanks. I'm using this plugin with HS4, too.
        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

If you want some more information you can get the manual here: smlight.tech/manual/slzb-06/guide/getting-started/#about (use https://).

Comment

If you want some more information you can get the manual here: smlight.tech/manual/slzb-06/guide/getting-started/#about (use https://).
            Thanks.

Comment

Just an update. I've been running two of these coordinators now for over three weeks, one is on ethernet with 60 devices and the other is on wifi with 45 devices (both are on different zigbee channels). Both have been rock solid. I've put both of my zigbee2mqtt rpi's in the same location now and one runs off an ethernet connection in my Great Room and the one running wifi is in the Garage. The range is excellent for both. I've upgraded them via the coordinator web interface. I guess earlier versions had some issues with wifi but I haven't with the latest firmware which they were fixed.

Comment

Just an update. I've been running two of these coordinators now for over three weeks, one is on ethernet with 60 devices and the other is on wifi with 45 devices (both are on different zigbee channels). Both have been rock solid. I've put both of my zigbee2mqtt rpi's in the same location now and one runs off an ethernet connection in my Great Room and the one running wifi is in the Garage. The range is excellent for both. I've upgraded them via the coordinator web interface. I guess earlier versions had some issues with wifi but I haven't with the latest firmware which they were fixed.
                Good to know. Thanks. By the way, this device is no longer available on Amazon.

PS: I just ordered one from this website: www.tindie.com

Comment

Let us know how it works for you. I think you're going to like it.

Comment

Let us know how it works for you. I think you're going to like it.
                    Will do.

Comment

Bigstevep Thanks for this. I was looking at this a couple of months ago. It's great to read your comments on it.

I wonder if this would interfere with my conbee which I use with the JowieHue plugin. I have a specific use case for this and McsMQTT.
                      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Looks interesting. Can I export / import my existing devices which are on an RPI Coordinator?

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                          Bigstevep Thanks for this. I was looking at this a couple of months ago. It's great to read your comments on it.

I wonder if this would interfere with my conbee which I use with the JowieHue plugin. I have a specific use case for this and McsMQTT.
                          I was also running a conbee and I just set up my new coordinators on a different zigbee channels (15 and 20 the conbee is on 11) and had no issues. I finally just pulled off my sensors and switches from the conbee and I just use the conbee/JowieHue plugin in for Hue lights. I also pulled a few of those off as well for testing purposes and they work fine. The only issue I had was when I removed the lights from the conbee/JowieHue a few didn't factory reset so I had to use a Hue dimmer switch to reset them so I could add them to the MQTT rpi but it had nothing to do with the coordinator.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
                            Looks interesting. Can I export / import my existing devices which are on an RPI Coordinator?
                            This I didn't test but maybe you might not need to do this. The web interface for the coordinator has a selection to generate the serial connection for the configuration.yaml file. The export looks like this:

# Serial settings
                            serial:
                            # Location of SLZB-06
                            port: tcp://192.168.1.XXX:6638
                            baudrate: 115200
                            # Disable green led?
                            disable_led: false
                            # Set output power to max 20
                            advanced:
                            transmit_power: 20

So I think if you edit the configuration.yaml file in the serial settings area with that it might work just fine. You can just copy and save what's in your yaml file and put it back if needed. The only issue I can see is if you generated a network key in your current yaml file. You might need to remove that from your yaml file as well.

Like I said before I didn't test this but if everything is saved and backed up before you start testing you can give it a go and see if it works out.​

Comment

Cheers. I'll have a look and see where I can get one. I'm in the UK, so probably AliExpress :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X