HS Touch Windows Client Deployment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Touch Windows Client Deployment

I have put together a Windows HS Touch client that I would like to use on a few PC's in my home. Everything works great on the machine that HS4 is running on.

I have installed the HS touch client on the other machine, when I try to run the client on the other machine I get a 'Default screen with a button in the middle, Says in the corner it is not connected. Have tried accessing my client from this (HS4 server) machine, as well as copying the three files to the other machine I wamt to run it on. I get the samething either way. I can access the HS4 interface itself on that machine through its IP address, so not sure I understand the connection issue??. I would expect if it s a firewall issue, etc that I would not be able to connect to either on that machine

I also see a deploy option on one of the menus, but it does nothing... Does not take to screen where you are supposed to be able to tell it to add your files, graphics etc.
    Client is very basic at this point.

Documentation, is old and sparce... not sure what I am doing wrong, or what I need to fix to get the client to work on both machines and eventually all three machines

Server machine is Windows 10 and other Machines are Windows 11.

Right-click in the HS Touch window on the windows client. Select "Client Options" and configure the connection with login credentials.

edit: then deploy to the client from HS Touch Designer
    -Wade

Comment

Thank you, that did work for me, I am now able to access the client in the other room.

So is the deploy option deprecated or does that "wake up", if you try to deploy an android app or something? Not valid for Windows projects... Just curious...

Comment

Originally posted by TexJWC View Post
        Thank you, that did work for me, I am now able to access the client in the other room.

So is the deploy option deprecated or does that "wake up", if you try to deploy an android app or something? Not valid for Windows projects... Just curious...
        You can only deploy to a "connected" device so you need to first configure the client to connect to your HS system. Specifically, this means adding IP address and login credentials so the client can connect. Once the client is configured and connected, you use deploy to send the project to the client. Every new client has to first be configured whether it be Windows, Linux/Unix, Android, or iOS.

Hopefully this makes sense.
        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
        X