No announcement yet.

Spotify Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a follow-up to my last post, the devices I see in the list of available devices matches the list I get via the Node-RED Spotify contrib I have installed when using the getMyDevices API call. It appears that the web API does not support all devices which can or are connected to your Spotify account. In my case I am guessing this to be the Chromecast (Google/Nest Home displays and speakers) devices. It seems this also includes Sonos devices but they may be accessible via a Sonso API. I do not have Sonos devices, only mentioning here for others. This Stack Overflow post has links to various items supporting this claim.

Also note that if you start getting stuttering playback, clear the app's cache on your phone. Spotify seems to keep some connection with the phone which causes this and it will continue even if you power your phone off until you clear the phone's cache.
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Just installed this plugin last week and integrated it into my HS Touch project. It is running on 5 fire tablets that have been modified to run HS Touch dashboards and installed/mounted into the wall. I have 8 Alexa devices placed around my home that the plugin controlls without a problem. It is a great plugin for my purposes!

Going through the past posts, this may have been discussed, but I am not sure, it is possible to add a button and/or search function that can select a different channel. Perhaps just a button that scrolls through "Your Library"?

Comment

Hi and thanks for your work. Where do I find this plugin? I would like to try it but I'm not seeing it in any of the plugin sections.

Comment

Originally posted by JST829 View Post
          Hi and thanks for your work. Where do I find this plugin? I would like to try it but I'm not seeing it in any of the plugin sections.
          Make sure you have "Show Beta Plugins" enabled on Plugins->Add.
          "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post

Make sure you have "Show Beta Plugins" enabled on Plugins->Add.
            Thanks. I do see the beta plugins, but not this one. Probably should have said that I'm still on HS3... not HS4.

Comment

Originally posted by JST829 View Post

Thanks. I do see the beta plugins, but not this one. Probably should have said that I'm still on HS3... not HS4.
              Hi! Yes, this plugin is only available for HS4

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post

Hi! Yes, this plugin is only available for HS4
                Got it. Thanks!

Comment

Quick update for everyone currently waiting to get access to the plug-in. Spotify has not yet responded to my request to allow any customer to link the plug-in with their account (which I submitted Dec of last year).

Unfortunately, at this point I am out of spots for test accounts in the sandbox. As soon as Spotify approves the request, I will post an update here and respond to those who have reached out via email.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                    X