HS4 event action will not "save"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 event action will not "save"

HS4 event action refuses the be "saved" by clicking on the "save" icon. Clicking "Save" icon doesn't do anything.
    The event still executes correctly, however it is marked with red warning sign in the event list.
    Restarting Windows and restarting HS4 does not help.

Is there a way to fix this without re-writing the whole event, which is not easy in some cases.

Thanks

Do you have a screenshot of the event? The red warning sign means something isn't right which is probably the reason you can't save it. What I do sometimes is just changing the part in question to something else, save it, then go back what I originally had/wanted.

Comment

Well the event does execute, as expected hence there shouldn't be something wrong with it. It is using "Global Cache ..." plug-in by Homeseer latest version ...59. All 4 events of mine that have the same problem are using same plug-in. Could be something related to the plug-in but as I said it is working and I'm reluctant to make changes as I may get more troubles.

Comment

It's hard to help without a screenshot. Also check the logs (web portal -> Tools -> Log). Also note that each step needs to be saved separately. Also at least from my experience if some event has a red exclamation mark then something is wrong. Maybe some condition is wrong but doesn't matter. Maybe an action isn't executed that you don't actually care about. Many possibilities. You can also open a service ticket with HS.

Comment

No problem see a screenshot below. This event is supposed to reduce the volume of a TV by 5 identical steps. As each step reduces the volume negligibly hence I made 5 steps for noticeable reduction. It does work. Please note that first step saved successfully and is presented by a single line in the event's page. The next 4 steps refuse to save and look like the first one. Yes, this event is marked with red triangle by HS4.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for sending the screenshot. You probably won't like this but something is wrong with the 4 actions that don't collapse. Create one more action by clicking the + sign. Select the same device again "Home Theater System". Then set signal = volume down and try to save it. If it does save it then it shows something is messed up with the actions above. I had this happening a bunch of times (recreating the exact same action that didn't save before, though in my case I think the action didn't execute). For an existing 'unsavable' action I usually chose a different device so everything is reset and then re-select to the original device. If that doesn't help I create a new event. I haven't investigated what causes this as recreating the few events I had this happening with was quicker than trying to fix the problem (assuming it's not a bug that I can't fix). If you have many events where this is happening then I would contact HS or maybe someone else has some more insight into this.

Comment

I suspect that somebody somewhere knows something about this (now, unsupported) PI not being fully functional. From the HST website: "IMPORTANT This plugin is no longer supported. You are free to use it as you like. However, it is not guaranteed to work." Emphasis theirs. Cite.
              HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
              Home Assistant 2024.3
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
              Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
              Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
              WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
              AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by puma View Post
                No problem see a screenshot below. This event is supposed to reduce the volume of a TV by 5 identical steps. As each step reduces the volume negligibly hence I made 5 steps for noticeable reduction. It does work. Please note that first step saved successfully and is presented by a single line in the event's page. The next 4 steps refuse to save and look like the first one. Yes, this event is marked with red triangle by HS4.
                Make a copy of the event and try deleting all but one action after THEN and try to save. Then add one additional action at a time until it can't save.
                "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
                X