Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monitor awake... NOT

Ok folks, what am I doing wrong here???

I have a Planar touch monitor that I am try to get to "wake up" when a motion detector changes to on so that I can see who is out front with out having to press a key or wiggle a mouse.
    I have tried the &hskey command with no results at all.
    I have also tried Rupp's "Monitorcontrol.exe//mOn" and all I get is a quick flash on, then right back to standby and the same results using "Poweroff.exe monitor_on". The "monitor off" features work fine with both using the same configuration, but just refuse to more than just flash with the "on" parameters.
    Ideas??? Thanks ahead...........

Gemini,
    Let me look at the code to see if I can see if there's anything we can do.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Gemini,
      Try this exe from an event and let me know if it wakes up the monitor.
      Attached Files

Comment

(R)Yupp,it works

Works like a charm Rupp... thanks!. Makes the cursor a bit strange for a second so I suppose you are doing a mouse wiggle???
        What is the difference between "Project1" and your"Poweroff" program that makes this one work and the other not.... just curious.

Thanks again!!!

Comment

Gemini,
          As you witnessed, I put a mouse move in that program. I will try to incorporate it into the other program as another argument this afternoon and post it to the scripts library.

Comment

Rupp,
            Well, I may have spoken too soon.... it does wake up the monitor, but apparently the key press remains. When the program executes, the cursor would move over to the "log off" button (could not have aimed better ) and presses it. All I had to do was a bit of rearranging of my desktop and it now lands in a unused portion of my application. So it still works fine for me but might be a problem for someone else that cannot change the active screen stuff.

Thanks again!!!

Comment

Wait a minute. Are you saying that that exe actually pushes a button? It should only be moving the mouse. Let me look at bit closer and get back to you.

Greg

Comment

Woops. I was pushing a button. Try this one and let me know if it works better.
                Attached Files

Comment

Yep, muchmorebetter! Thank you.

BTW, did you ever buy a Robo-mow??

Comment

No Robo Mower but I would still love one. Too many toys and not enough funds. You know the story.

Comment

Can a Homeseer Event trigger this on a client machine? I tried to browse to the path on the run app tab but it did not work, app did not run. Do I need to enter something in the parameters field.
                      John

Comment

See if this will work for you. It worked fine on my normal monitors, just not on my touch screen.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I also want to wake up my Planer touchscreen. I also have an airpanel that remotes into the same puter on another user account. It would be pretty cool to walk past the pc and have it light up.
                          John

Comment

Working...
                          X