HS Mains Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Mains Interface

With all the "traffic jams" we have with CM11's and 12's has HomeSeer ever considered manufacturing and selling there own?

If one could be developed the is reliable, and duel voltage, considering the amount of members of this BBS, never mind those who are not, it could be a good seller.

Or, has this avenue been explored before!
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Gogs,
    What exactly do you mean by "Traffic Jams"? I used a CM11a for years and as far as I know never had a traffic jam.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Doesn't the CM11 queue the signals to be sent out, (so that data collisions (Traffic Jams) are avoided), if it recieves to many X10 commands to send out in one go.

Comment

I find that if a lot of sensors are triggered at the one time, say when I come home and the house has been empty, although has records the changes of devices, some lights do not come on, or take a couple of minutes to come on.

I also find that unplugging the CM12 for half an hour or so every so often makes the responce time of HS faster.
        There are other threads on this subject.
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Gog's,
          If you have a lot of X10 come on at once when you come home, the fact that some things do not come on is more than likely caused by X10 collisions rather than the CM11A not functioning correctly. Have you looked at the log to see if all commands that you expect are being sent?

Comment

I agree with Rupp. Maybe place some hs.waitsecs commands in your scripts to space sending a lot of commands and see if this makes a difference.
            --------------------------------------------------
            **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Gentlemen, Rupp and Sir Robin,

Yes Rupp the HS log shows all being activated.

Sir Robin, If the home is occupied all events / functions work perfect. It seems to be when HS has been dorment for a time it can not catch up.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs
                Gentlemen, Rupp and Sir Robin,

Yes Rupp the HS log shows all being activated.
                If HS is seeing all the commands then they are being sent and they are more than likely being garbled on the powerline due to the number of back to back commands. I would try to separate a few commands by a few seconds to see if they "get through" cleanly.
                Last edited by Rupp; March 7, 2005, 03:06 PM.

Comment

I have to agree with Gogs here (the fact that there is an issue, not that HST should produce their own hardware)

I have replaced my serial port CM11a with the USB version. With the CM11a, it would often "hang" for long periods of time. This has been discussed many places here on the boards, and it is generally agreed that this is a handshake issue with the 11a. Homeseer itself would even get really slow and unresponsive. Unplugging and plugging back in the CM11a would resolve the problem until the next time (I was having to do this about 1 a week). I have not had the same issue, running the exact same scripts with the same version of HS since replacing the CM11a with the USB model.

Some see this problem, others don't. I don't exactly have the cleanest lines in my older house, and that probalby caused the handshaking holdup issues with the CM11a. But, my problems have disappeared since removing that POS.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
                    If HS is seeing all the commands then they are being sent and they are more than likely being garbled on the powerline due to the number of back to back commands. I would try to separate a few commands by a few seconds to see if they "get through" cleanly.
                    Hi Rupp,

I'm not sure this is the answer, however, I will give it a try with the more complex scripts for a couple of weeks and report back.

Apart from taking the stress off the power line it will take stress of the CM12, could be interesting.

The other thing I have tried is to have HS call Windows script excecuter to run my two most complex scripts (ie: time consuming) and allow HS to wash it's hands of them and get on with other things, and that appears to have helped speed things along.

As Bryan Nystrom say's there is a lot of discussion as you probably know on this subject and the USB seems to come out on top. Just never found a UK supplier for it or I would probably switch.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X